I'm trying to set up a redundant DRBD system but I'm running into
trouble when I try to define a volume group. The physical backing device
for the drbd resource /dev/drbd0 is /dev/vdb1. The problem is that when
I do a "pvs" on the command line the physical volume is shown as
/dev/vdb1. So I tried the following filter in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf:

filter = [ "r|/dev/vdb.*|", "a/.*/"

But this doesn't seem to haven any effect at all. The system still sees
the volumen group on /dev/vdb1. Also various how-to's on the net say I
should pay attention to deleting /etc/lvm/cache/.cache which makes sense
but this file is never created.

Any ideas what might be going on here? I'm trying all of this on CentOS 6.

Regards,
Dennis

Search Discussions

  • Bazy at Mar 26, 2013 at 7:20 am

    I'm trying to set up a redundant DRBD system but I'm running into
    trouble when I try to define a volume group. The physical backing device
    for the drbd resource /dev/drbd0 is /dev/vdb1. The problem is that when
    I do a "pvs" on the command line the physical volume is shown as
    /dev/vdb1. So I tried the following filter in /etc/lvm/lvm.conf:

    filter = [ "r|/dev/vdb.*|", "a/.*/"

    But this doesn't seem to haven any effect at all. The system still sees
    the volumen group on /dev/vdb1. Also various how-to's on the net say I
    should pay attention to deleting /etc/lvm/cache/.cache which makes sense
    but this file is never created.

    Any ideas what might be going on here? I'm trying all of this on CentOS 6.

    Regards,
    Dennis

    Hi Dennis,

    I'm guessing what you need is: filter = [ "r|/dev/vd[a-z].*|" ], then
    and lvmdiskscan.

    //Bazy

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedMar 25, '13 at 11:33p
activeMar 26, '13 at 7:20a
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn: 1 post Bazy: 1 post