I have a PCIe storage device. My driver registers this device as a
block device in linux. My block device is working fine under linux.

Following are the steps which I used for Centos installation on my
storage device:

1) During Centos installation time and before scanning of my storage
device, I loaded the driver from command line(By pressing Ctrl + Alt + F2)
from USB disk.
2) Post loading of drivers, the installation proceeded successfully on
my storage device.

Query:

1) How to add my driver as part of installed initrd image at the
installation time itself.[because root file system also installed on same
device]

Waiting for positive reply

Thanks & Regards,
Sateesh

Search Discussions

  • Satish kondapalli at Mar 18, 2013 at 11:35 am
    Hi All,

    I will appreciate your help on below question. Please provide your inputs.

    Thanks
    Sateesh
    I have a PCIe storage device. My driver registers this device as a
    block device in linux. My block device is working fine under linux.

    Following are the steps which I used for Centos installation on my
    storage device:

    1) During Centos installation time and before scanning of my storage
    device, I loaded the driver from command line(By pressing Ctrl + Alt + F2)
    from USB disk.
    2) Post loading of drivers, the installation proceeded successfully
    on my storage device.

    Query:

    1) How to add my driver as part of installed initrd image at the
    installation time itself.[because root file system also installed on same
    device]

    Waiting for positive reply

    Thanks & Regards,
    Sateesh