Hello there,

I'd like to have iso image version for ultra sparc 64bit.
Recently, I downloaded centos version 4.2 beta iso image and installed on SunUltra sparc 64 bit machine.
It was hang when it went to the screen " the CentOS 4.2 beta screen, <Tab>/<Alt tab> | <Space> selects | <F12> next screen ".

Any idea?
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
Amy
on your options page that will email your current password to you.

Search Discussions

  • Johnny Hughes at Nov 28, 2012 at 6:28 pm

    I'd like to have iso image version for ultra sparc 64bit.
    Recently, I downloaded centos version 4.2 beta iso image and installed on SunUltra sparc 64 bit machine.
    It was hang when it went to the screen " the CentOS 4.2 beta screen, <Tab>/<Alt tab> | <Space> selects | <F12> next screen ".

    Any idea?
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Amy

    Amy,

    We no longer support any CentOS-4 versions and specifically not the
    SPARC version.

    I built and released that version and it is very out of date now.

    I would recommend instead that you use Fedora if you want a Red Hat
    based version of SPARC:

    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/SPARC

    Thanks,
    Johnny Hughes

    I'd like to have iso image version for ultra sparc 64bit.
    Recently, I downloaded centos version 4.2 beta iso image and installed on
    SunUltra sparc 64 bit machine.
    It was hang when it went to the screen " the CentOS 4.2 beta screen,
    <Tab>/<Alt tab> | <Space> selects | <F12> next screen ".

    Any idea?

    googling on centos sparc, it appears from
    <http://wiki.centos.org/About/Product> that neither 5 nor 6 does, while 4
    may. Do note that 4 is EoL, and no longer supported, either by the CentOS
    team nor, of course, by RedHat.

    Sorry.

    mark
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance.
    Amy
    on your options page that will email your current password to you.
  • Lamar Owen at Nov 29, 2012 at 4:54 pm