We're looking at using windbind and AD for our user account details but have run into a small snag. All user accounts in AD are upper case but our linux accounts are lower-case.
Is there a simple solution we've overlooked?
We really don't want to have to hack this...

Thanx,

Russell SMithies

sender immediately.

  • Alain Péan at Mar 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm

    Le 16/03/2012 00:15, Smithies, Russell a ?crit :
    We're looking at using windbind and AD for our user account details but have run into a small snag. All user accounts in AD are upper case but our linux accounts are lower-case.
    Is there a simple solution we've overlooked?
    We really don't want to have to hack this...
    Hi Russel,

    For logins, windows does not make difference between uppercase and
    lowercase. So you can enter all your logins as lowercase, it will be
    fine for AD. Only for passwords, it makes a difference.

    Alain

    Alain P?an - LPP/CNRS
    Attention !! : Nouveau num?ro de Telephone : 01-44-27-92-39
    Administrateur Syst?me/R?seau
    Laboratoire de Physique des Plasmas - UMR 7648
    Observatoire de Saint-Maur
    4, av de Neptune, Bat. A
    94100 Saint-Maur des Foss?s

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedMar 15, '12 at 7:15p
activeMar 16, '12 at 12:31p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Smithies, Russell: 1 post Alain Péan: 1 post