On most of the CentOS 5 machines I manage, if I run "yum list
installed" the third column just says "installed" for all
packages. But on one machine, some lines show instead a repo
name preceded by an @ sign. Apparently the repo from which the
package was installed, which would be immensely useful.

Two questions:

1. Can I have that feature on the other CentOS 5 machines too?
The machine in question has yum version 3.2.27-12.el5_from_el6
while all others have version 3.2.22-39.el5.centos.
Where did that "el5_from_el6" version come from? The "yum list"
entry for yum itself does unfortunately not show a repo name.

2. Can anything be done about the lines still saying only
"installed"? How do find out where those packages came from?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
Tilman

--
Tilman Schmidt
Phoenix Software GmbH

Search Discussions

  • Peter Kjellström at Mar 13, 2012 at 1:02 pm

    On most of the CentOS 5 machines I manage, if I run "yum list
    installed" the third column just says "installed" for all
    packages. But on one machine, some lines show instead a repo
    name preceded by an @ sign. Apparently the repo from which the
    package was installed, which would be immensely useful.

    Two questions:
    I addressed most of this in a thread called "Re: [CentOS] how to find..."
    about a week ago.

    Regarding the "strange" yum version on the one machine a quick google would
    suggest it came from a c5-testing repo at one time (with lots of disclaimers
    not to use it outside of testing...).

    /Peter