Hello listmates,

For some reason we don't seem to be able to launch a Ruby-on-rails
application ( http://www.redmine.org/ ) on a CentOS 6 machine under Apache.
Nor can I find a mod_rails as a separate package for it. Would anyone have
any idea what we might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Boris.

Search Discussions

  • Craig White at Jan 30, 2012 at 1:00 pm

    For some reason we don't seem to be able to launch a Ruby-on-rails
    application ( http://www.redmine.org/ ) on a CentOS 6 machine under Apache.
    Nor can I find a mod_rails as a separate package for it. Would anyone have
    any idea what we might be doing wrong?
    ----
    mod rails is 'passenger' which is typically installed as a gem and then finished by executing the bind code (as root)

    gem install passenger
    passenger-install-apache2-module

    but CentOS 6 might have a package that does this but it is certain to be out of date at any given time which makes the gem more suitable.

    Craig
  • Mikael Fridh at Feb 1, 2012 at 4:15 am

    For some reason we don't seem to be able to launch a Ruby-on-rails
    application ( http://www.redmine.org/ ) on a CentOS 6 machine under Apache.
    Nor can I find a mod_rails as a separate package for it. Would anyone have
    any idea what we might be doing wrong?
    ----
    mod rails is 'passenger' which is typically installed as a gem and then finished by executing the bind code (as root)

    gem install passenger
    passenger-install-apache2-module

    but CentOS 6 might have a package that does this but it is certain to be out of date at any given time which makes the gem more suitable.
    I think you will find this a good resource:
    http://blog.phusion.nl/2011/01/04/phusion-passenger-native-packages-for-redhatfedoracentos/
    http://passenger.stealthymonkeys.com/

    --
    Mikael
  • Boris Epstein at Feb 1, 2012 at 3:28 pm

    I think you will find this a good resource:

    http://blog.phusion.nl/2011/01/04/phusion-passenger-native-packages-for-redhatfedoracentos/
    http://passenger.stealthymonkeys.com/

    --
    Mikael