Hello Centos users!

I'm doing a Centos 6 desktop oriented remix called Stella.
This has been brewing since the summer and it's starting to get ready. :-)
I've backported a lot of packages from Fedora and Rpmfusion and I
bundle several other repos, too, resulting in a big range of software
available, including but not limited to:

LibreOffice, VLC, MPlayer, Shutter, Arista, Java, Flash, GParted, extra wifi
drivers etc.

You can read (just slightly) more about it here: http://li.nux.ro/stella.
I'd love to receive any feedback.

Cheerio!

Nux

Search Discussions

  • Nux! at May 11, 2012 at 8:11 am

    I'm doing a Centos 6 desktop oriented remix called Stella.
    This has been brewing since the summer and it's starting to get
    ready. :-)
    I've backported a lot of packages from Fedora and Rpmfusion and I
    bundle several other repos, too, resulting in a big range of software
    available, including but not limited to:

    LibreOffice, VLC, MPlayer, Shutter, Arista, Java, Flash, GParted,
    extra wifi
    drivers etc.

    You can read (just slightly) more about it here:
    http://li.nux.ro/stella.
    I'd love to receive any feedback.

    Cheerio!

    Nux
    Hello,

    For those interested, I've released new updated images of Stella:
    http://www.nux.ro/archive/2012/05/Stellar_refreshments.html

    Probably the next release will be after CentOS 6.3 is built.

    Let me know of any issues etc.

    Nux!
    www.nux.ro
  • Nux! at May 20, 2012 at 6:53 am

[...]

    I lied, made some new ISOs the other day which fixes the problem with
    some Broadcom wifi chips and VLC.
    http://www.nux.ro/archive/2012/05/Stella_6_2_BUILD16.html

    Nux!
    www.nux.ro