?
I'm using the procedure described in building customer kenrels centOS5.0.
?
Except for one step where spec file to comment 25 lines from 638, I did every thing.
I got rpm files in ~/rpmbuild/RPMS.
After installing kernel-firmeware, kernel, kernel-headers, kernel-devel packages it creates OS entry in /boot/grub/menu.lst?following "defaults 0" directive.
?
After reboot:
1. Grub is not showing up new kernel in grub menu
2. Manually removing old kernel title in menu.lst, won't booting new kernel.
?
kernel: 2.6.32.71.el6.x86_64.
?
Are there any issues?
?
thanks and regards,
Viswa

Search Discussions

  • Akemi Yagi at Jan 28, 2012 at 5:55 pm

    I'm using the procedure described in building customer kenrels centOS5.0.

    Except for one step where spec file to comment 25 lines from 638, I did every thing.
    I assume you are referring to:

    http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Custom_Kernel

    The article has just been updated to include CentOS-6. Please try
    again and see if you can now build CentOS-6 custom kernels that boot
    normally.

    Akemi

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJan 24, '12 at 10:23a
activeJan 28, '12 at 5:55p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Akemi Yagi: 1 post Kasi viswanath: 1 post