I'm using the kickstart file we developed for v5 on 6.2 in VM (kvm/qemu
running on a CentOS 5.6),
but it fails:

Error partitioning. Could not allocate requested partitions: not
enough free space on disks.

There's nothing wrong with the disk. Both fdisk and parted works fine,
I can view, partition
and write a partition table and the disk is 10.5GB.

However, looking through the logs, it tries to run 'dmsetup info
/dev/sda' which fails!

Device /dev/sda not found
Command failed

The disk setup part looks like this:

zerombr
clearpart --drives=sda --initlabel
part /boot --fstype ext3 --size 200 --ondrive=sda
part swap --recommended --ondrive=sda
part / --fstype ext3 --size 40000 --ondrive=sda
part /scratch --fstype ext3 --size 1 --grow --ondrive=sda

Running without a KS, the GUI works (but I still got the problem with
dmsetup in the logs).

Any ideas?
--
... but you know as soon as Oracle starts waving its wallet at a
Company it's time to run - fast.

  • Turbo Fredriksson at Jan 19, 2012 at 6:04 am

    part / --fstype ext3 --size 40000 --ondrive=sda
    Sorry, I've had a really crappy week without any sleep.

    40GB is of course larger than 10GB. Doh!
  • George Mihaiescu at Jan 19, 2012 at 9:39 am
    The virtio disk driver uses "/dev/vda" instead of "sda", give it a try.