FAQ
Greetings,


I am getting the following error when I start the Virtual machine manager

[root at centos Desktop]# uname -a
Linux blah.blah.blah 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Dec 23
02:21:33 CST 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux


Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find
suitable emulator for x86_64

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 440, in _tick
conn.tick()
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1414, in tick
newNets, self.nets) = self._update_nets()
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1277,
in _update_nets
lookup_func, build_class)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1209,
in _poll_helper
if not check_support():
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 501,
in is_network_capable
virtinst.support.SUPPORT_CONN_NETWORK)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line
574, in check_conn_support
return _check_support(conn, feature, conn)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line
443, in _check_support
actual_drv_ver = _hv_ver(conn, uri)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line
376, in _hv_ver
ret = cmd(*args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2823, in getVersion
if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virConnectGetVersion() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error Cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64

any clues?

TIA

--
Regards,

Rajagopal

Search Discussions

  • John R Pierce at Jan 17, 2012 at 12:50 am

    On 01/16/12 9:48 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find
    suitable emulator for x86_64
    wild guess (as I haven't yet played with el6 virtalization)

    # yum install qemu-kvm qemu-kvm-tools qemu-img



    --
    john r pierce N 37, W 122
    santa cruz ca mid-left coast
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 17, 2012 at 12:56 am

    On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:20 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
    On 01/16/12 9:48 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find
    suitable emulator for x86_64
    wild guess (as I haven't yet played with el6 virtalization)

    ? ? # yum install qemu-kvm qemu-kvm-tools qemu-img
    Wild try yielded:

    yum install qemu-kvm qemu-kvm-tools qemu-img
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, presto,
    : refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: mirror01.idc.hinet.net
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Setting up Install Process
    Package 2:qemu-kvm-0.12.1.2-2.209.el6_2.1.x86_64 already installed and
    latest version
    Package 2:qemu-kvm-tools-0.12.1.2-2.209.el6_2.1.x86_64 already
    installed and latest version
    Package 2:qemu-img-0.12.1.2-2.209.el6_2.1.x86_64 already installed and
    latest version
    Nothing to do


    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • Gordon Messmer at Jan 17, 2012 at 12:52 pm

    On 01/16/2012 09:48 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    I am getting the following error when I start the Virtual machine manager ...
    Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find
    suitable emulator for x86_64
    Install libvirt and run the libvirtd service.
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 18, 2012 at 3:17 am
    Greetings,
    On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
    On 01/16/2012 09:48 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    I am getting the following error when I start the Virtual machine manager ...
    Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find
    suitable emulator for x86_64
    Install libvirt and run the libvirtd service.
    yum install libvirt
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, presto,
    : refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: mirror.neu.edu.cn
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Setting up Install Process
    Resolving Dependencies
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package libvirt.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 will be updated
    ---> Package libvirt.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 will be an update
    --> Processing Dependency: libvirt-client = 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 for
    package: libvirt-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package libvirt-client.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 will be updated
    --> Processing Dependency: libvirt-client = 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 for
    package: libvirt-python-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1.x86_64
    --> Processing Dependency: libvirt-client = 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 for
    package: libvirt-devel-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1.x86_64
    ---> Package libvirt-client.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 will be an update
    --> Running transaction check
    ---> Package libvirt-devel.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 will be updated
    ---> Package libvirt-devel.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 will be an update
    ---> Package libvirt-python.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 will be updated
    ---> Package libvirt-python.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 will be an update
    --> Finished Dependency Resolution

    Dependencies Resolved

    ================================================================================
    Package Arch Version Repository Size
    ================================================================================
    Updating:
    libvirt x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 updates 1.5 M
    Updating for dependencies:
    libvirt-client x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 updates 2.8 M
    libvirt-devel x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 updates 577 k
    libvirt-python x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 updates 306 k

    Transaction Summary
    ================================================================================
    Upgrade 4 Package(s)

    Total download size: 5.2 M
    Is this ok [y/N]: y
    Downloading Packages:
    Setting up and reading Presto delta metadata
    updates/prestodelta | 71 kB 00:00
    Processing delta metadata
    Download delta size: 1.2 M
    (1/4): libvirt-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1_0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64. | 729 kB 00:14
    (2/4): libvirt-client-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1_0.9.4-23.el6_2.4. | 345 kB 00:07
    (3/4): libvirt-devel-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1_0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x | 94 kB 00:01
    (4/4): libvirt-python-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1_0.9.4-23.el6_2.4. | 81 kB 00:01
    Finishing rebuild of rpms, from deltarpms
    <delta rebuild> | 5.2 MB 00:03
    Presto reduced the update size by 77% (from 5.2 M to 1.2 M).
    Running rpm_check_debug
    Running Transaction Test
    Transaction Test Succeeded
    Running Transaction
    Updating : libvirt-client-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64 1/8
    Updating : libvirt-devel-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64 2/8
    Updating : libvirt-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64 3/8
    Updating : libvirt-python-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64 4/8
    Cleanup : libvirt-devel-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1.x86_64 5/8
    Cleanup : libvirt-python-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1.x86_64 6/8
    Cleanup : libvirt-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1.x86_64 7/8
    Cleanup : libvirt-client-0.9.4-23.el6_2.1.x86_64 8/8

    Updated:
    libvirt.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4

    Dependency Updated:
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    libvirt-devel.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0:0.9.4-23.el6_2.4

    Complete!
    [root at centos Desktop]# service libvert status
    libvert: unrecognized service


    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 18, 2012 at 3:20 am
    Greetings,

    On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
    wrote:
    Greetings,

    On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Gordon Messmer wrote:
    Runninf Applications>System tools>Vituaql MAchine Manager yields:

    Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find
    suitable emulator for x86_64

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 440, in _tick
    conn.tick()
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1414, in tick
    newNets, self.nets) = self._update_nets()
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1277,
    in _update_nets
    lookup_func, build_class)
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1209,
    in _poll_helper
    if not check_support():
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 501,
    in is_network_capable
    virtinst.support.SUPPORT_CONN_NETWORK)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line
    574, in check_conn_support
    return _check_support(conn, feature, conn)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line
    443, in _check_support
    actual_drv_ver = _hv_ver(conn, uri)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line
    376, in _hv_ver
    ret = cmd(*args)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2823, in getVersion
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virConnectGetVersion() failed',
    conn=self)
    libvirtError: internal error Cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64


    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • Cliff Pratt at Jan 18, 2012 at 4:22 am

    On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    Install libvirt and run the libvirtd service.
    .....
    Complete!
    [root at centos Desktop]# service libvert status
    libvert: unrecognized service
    He said libvirtd not libvirt.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
  • Leen de Braal at Jan 18, 2012 at 4:48 am

    On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan
    wrote:
    Install libvirt and run the libvirtd service.
    .....
    Complete!
    [root at centos Desktop]# service libvert status
    libvert: unrecognized service
    He said libvirtd not libvirt.
    And also not libvert
    ^
    Cheers,

    Cliff
    _______________________________________________
    CentOS mailing list
    CentOS at centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

    --
    L. de Braal
    BraHa Systems
    NL - Terneuzen
    T +31 115 649333
    F +31 115 649444
  • Sandeep Patade at Jan 18, 2012 at 4:23 am
    Hi,

    I m not able to start VM on RHEL 6.

    below the error message.

    Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find suitable
    emulator for x86_64

    Error polling connection 'qemu:///system': internal error Cannot find suitable
    emulator for x86_64

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 440, in _tick
    conn.tick()
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1414, in tick
    newNets, self.nets) = self._update_nets()
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1277, in
    _update_nets
    lookup_func, build_class)
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 1209, in
    _poll_helper
    if not check_support():
    File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 501, in
    is_network_capable
    virtinst.support.SUPPORT_CONN_NETWORK)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line 574, in
    check_conn_support
    return _check_support(conn, feature, conn)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line 443, in
    _check_support
    actual_drv_ver = _hv_ver(conn, uri)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/virtinst/support.py", line 376, in _hv_ver
    ret = cmd(*args)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2823, in getVersion
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virConnectGetVersion() failed', conn=self)
    libvirtError: internal error Cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64
  • Darrin Wilkinson at Jan 18, 2012 at 5:27 am
    Hi,

    I am getting the exact same error on a CentOS 6.2 X86_64 machine that I have
    just setup.

    Removed and re-installed ALL the *virt* and *qemu* packages ( re-installed from
    the distro CD ).

    The machine is a DELL Optiplex 755 with an Intel x86_64 processor.


    I found there was a similar bug on Fedora a while ago and it was fixed here:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?idr6167


    Not sure if the two are related but it seems likely given the descriptions...

    Regards,
    D
  • Ljubomir Ljubojevic at Jan 18, 2012 at 6:15 pm

    On 01/18/2012 11:27 AM, Darrin Wilkinson wrote:
    Hi,

    I am getting the exact same error on a CentOS 6.2 X86_64 machine that I have
    just setup.

    Removed and re-installed ALL the *virt* and *qemu* packages ( re-installed from
    the distro CD ).

    The machine is a DELL Optiplex 755 with an Intel x86_64 processor.


    I found there was a similar bug on Fedora a while ago and it was fixed here:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?idr6167


    Not sure if the two are related but it seems likely given the descriptions...
    My CentOS 6.2 x86_64 KVM system works as expected.

    By I have not updated libvirt, libvirt-client and libvirt-python! :

    [root at kancelarija ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    1312 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.i686 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates

    Try downgrading those 3 packages.

    --

    Ljubomir Ljubojevic
    (Love is in the Air)
    PL Computers
    Serbia, Europe

    Google is the Mother, Google is the Father, and traceroute is your
    trusty Spiderman...
    StarOS, Mikrotik and CentOS/RHEL/Linux consultant
  • Nataraj at Jan 19, 2012 at 1:25 pm

    On 01/18/2012 03:15 PM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
    On 01/18/2012 11:27 AM, Darrin Wilkinson wrote:
    Hi,

    I am getting the exact same error on a CentOS 6.2 X86_64 machine that I have
    just setup.

    Removed and re-installed ALL the *virt* and *qemu* packages ( re-installed from
    the distro CD ).

    The machine is a DELL Optiplex 755 with an Intel x86_64 processor.


    I found there was a similar bug on Fedora a while ago and it was fixed here:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?idr6167


    Not sure if the two are related but it seems likely given the descriptions...
    My CentOS 6.2 x86_64 KVM system works as expected.

    By I have not updated libvirt, libvirt-client and libvirt-python! :

    [root at kancelarija ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    1312 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.i686 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates

    Try downgrading those 3 packages.
    The error that you are reporting is simply telling you that the libvirtd
    daemon is not running. You can confirm this with

    ps auxw | grep libvirtd

    root 3329 0.0 0.0 600440 8420 ? Sl 10:22 0:00
    libvirtd --daemon

    If it is not running then attempt to start it with:
    service libvirtd start

    To have it start at system startup run
    chkconfig libvirtd on

    I have one system where, for some reason 'service libvirtd start' fails,
    but running

    /etc/init.d/libvirtd start

    works. I have not had a chance to determine why yet. Also, if libvirtd
    fails to start, check your log files /var/log/messages /var/log/boot.log
    /var/log/audit/audit.log for errors. You could also try temporarily
    disabling selinux enforcement with "setenforce 0". Use 'setenforce 1'
    to renable it.

    Nataraj
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 30, 2012 at 3:36 am
    Greetings,
    On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
    On 01/18/2012 11:27 AM, Darrin Wilkinson wrote:
    Hi,

    I am getting the exact same error on a CentOS 6.2 X86_64 machine that I have
    just setup.

    Removed and re-installed ALL the *virt* and *qemu* packages ( re-installed from
    the distro CD ).

    The machine is a DELL Optiplex 755 with an Intel x86_64 processor.


    I found there was a similar bug on Fedora a while ago and it was fixed here:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?idr6167


    Not sure if the two are related but it seems likely given the descriptions...
    My CentOS 6.2 ?x86_64 KVM system works as expected.

    By I have not updated libvirt, libvirt-client and libvirt-python! :

    [root at kancelarija ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    1312 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 ? ? ? ? ?0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 ? ?@plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 ? 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 ? ?@plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 ? 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 ? ?@plc-updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 ? ? ? ? ?0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 ? ?plc-updates
    libvirt-client.i686 ? ? 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 ? ?plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 ? 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 ? ?plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 ? 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 ? ?plc-updates

    Try downgrading those 3 packages.
    No joy.

    Errors persist.

    ----- try 1

    # yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
    presto, refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: ftp.jaist.ac.jp
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt-client.i686
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    updates
    [root at centos ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, presto,
    : refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: ftp.jaist.ac.jp
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt-client.i686 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 updates

    -----Try 2

    ps aux |grep libvirtd
    root 29934 0.4 0.2 756632 7864 ? Sl 14:01 0:00
    libvirtd --daemon
    root 30176 0.0 0.0 103300 848 pts/1 S+ 14:02 0:00 grep libvirtd


    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • Johnny Hughes at Jan 30, 2012 at 10:18 am

    On 01/30/2012 02:36 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    Greetings,
    On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
    On 01/18/2012 11:27 AM, Darrin Wilkinson wrote:
    Hi,

    I am getting the exact same error on a CentOS 6.2 X86_64 machine that I have
    just setup.

    Removed and re-installed ALL the *virt* and *qemu* packages ( re-installed from
    the distro CD ).

    The machine is a DELL Optiplex 755 with an Intel x86_64 processor.


    I found there was a similar bug on Fedora a while ago and it was fixed here:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?idr6167


    Not sure if the two are related but it seems likely given the descriptions...
    My CentOS 6.2 x86_64 KVM system works as expected.

    By I have not updated libvirt, libvirt-client and libvirt-python! :

    [root at kancelarija ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    1312 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.i686 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates

    Try downgrading those 3 packages.
    No joy.

    Errors persist.

    ----- try 1

    # yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
    presto, refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: ftp.jaist.ac.jp
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt-client.i686
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    updates
    [root at centos ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, presto,
    : refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: ftp.jaist.ac.jp
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt-client.i686 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 updates

    -----Try 2

    ps aux |grep libvirtd
    root 29934 0.4 0.2 756632 7864 ? Sl 14:01 0:00
    libvirtd --daemon
    root 30176 0.0 0.0 103300 848 pts/1 S+ 14:02 0:00 grep libvirtd
    I have no issues, I have these installed:

    [johnny at m4500n ~]$ rpm -qa | grep virt | sort
    libvirt-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    libvirt-client-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    libvirt-python-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    python-virtinst-0.600.0-5.el6.noarch
    virt-manager-0.9.0-7.el6.x86_64
    virt-top-1.0.4-3.11.el6.x86_64
    virt-viewer-0.4.1-7.el6.x86_64



    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: signature.asc
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 262 bytes
    Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/attachments/20120130/14192f6b/attachment.bin
  • Johnny Hughes at Jan 30, 2012 at 10:22 am

    On 01/30/2012 09:18 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
    On 01/30/2012 02:36 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    Greetings,
    On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:
    On 01/18/2012 11:27 AM, Darrin Wilkinson wrote:
    Hi,

    I am getting the exact same error on a CentOS 6.2 X86_64 machine that I have
    just setup.

    Removed and re-installed ALL the *virt* and *qemu* packages ( re-installed from
    the distro CD ).

    The machine is a DELL Optiplex 755 with an Intel x86_64 processor.


    I found there was a similar bug on Fedora a while ago and it was fixed here:

    https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?idr6167


    Not sure if the two are related but it seems likely given the descriptions...
    My CentOS 6.2 x86_64 KVM system works as expected.

    By I have not updated libvirt, libvirt-client and libvirt-python! :

    [root at kancelarija ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: downloadonly, fastestmirror, priorities, refresh-packagekit
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    1312 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.1 @plc-updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.i686 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 plc-updates

    Try downgrading those 3 packages.
    No joy.

    Errors persist.

    ----- try 1

    # yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
    presto, refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: ftp.jaist.ac.jp
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    @updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt-client.i686
    0.9.4-23.el6_2.4
    updates
    [root at centos ~]# yum list libvirt libvirt-client libvirt-python
    Loaded plugins: aliases, changelog, downloadonly, fastestmirror, presto,
    : refresh-packagekit, security, tmprepo, verify, versionlock
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * epel: ftp.jaist.ac.jp
    * extras: mirrors.hns.net.in
    * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
    * updates: mirrors.hns.net.in
    Installed Packages
    libvirt.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    libvirt-client.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    libvirt-python.x86_64 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 @updates
    Available Packages
    libvirt-client.i686 0.9.4-23.el6_2.4 updates

    -----Try 2

    ps aux |grep libvirtd
    root 29934 0.4 0.2 756632 7864 ? Sl 14:01 0:00
    libvirtd --daemon
    root 30176 0.0 0.0 103300 848 pts/1 S+ 14:02 0:00 grep libvirtd
    I have no issues, I have these installed:

    [johnny at m4500n ~]$ rpm -qa | grep virt | sort
    libvirt-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    libvirt-client-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    libvirt-python-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    python-virtinst-0.600.0-5.el6.noarch
    virt-manager-0.9.0-7.el6.x86_64
    virt-top-1.0.4-3.11.el6.x86_64
    virt-viewer-0.4.1-7.el6.x86_64
    Try this:

    http://barryp.org/blog/entries/make-sure-virtualization-enabled-bios/

    -------------- next part --------------
    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: signature.asc
    Type: application/pgp-signature
    Size: 262 bytes
    Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
    Url : http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/attachments/20120130/9ae55931/attachment.bin
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 31, 2012 at 2:42 am
    Greetings,
    On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
    I have no issues, ?I have these installed:

    [johnny at m4500n ~]$ rpm -qa | grep virt | sort
    libvirt-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    libvirt-client-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    libvirt-python-0.9.4-23.el6_2.4.x86_64
    python-virtinst-0.600.0-5.el6.noarch
    virt-manager-0.9.0-7.el6.x86_64
    virt-top-1.0.4-3.11.el6.x86_64
    virt-viewer-0.4.1-7.el6.x86_64
    Try this:

    http://barryp.org/blog/entries/make-sure-virtualization-enabled-bios/
    I double checked this issue. Intel virtualization is enabled in BIOS.

    BTW is there any command in Centos to check the current BIOS settings?
    I have in mind commands like lspci, dmidecode, ethtool, mii-tools etc
    in case of hardware when I am asking this question.

    TIA
    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • Luke at Apr 10, 2013 at 6:04 pm

    [root <at> centos Desktop]# service libvert status
    libvert: unrecognized service

    service libvertd start


    libvertd meaning the libvert daemon.
  • Kahlil Hodgson at Apr 10, 2013 at 11:38 pm
    you might have more luck with


    service libvirtd status


    K




    On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 4:04 AM, Luke wrote:

    [root <at> centos Desktop]# service libvert status
    libvert: unrecognized service
    service libvertd start

    libvertd meaning the libvert daemon.



    _______________________________________________
    CentOS mailing list
    CentOS at centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos





    --
    Kahlil (Kal) Hodgson GPG: C9A02289
    Head of Technology (m) +61 (0) 4 2573 0382
    DealMax Pty Ltd (w) +61 (0) 3 9008 5281


    Suite 1415
    401 Docklands Drive
    Docklands VIC 3008 Australia


    "All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
    the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore,
    if you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all
    means, do not use a hammer." -- IBM maintenance manual, 1925

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJan 17, '12 at 12:48a
activeApr 10, '13 at 11:38p
posts18
users12
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase