/bin/echo $temp

#function to send mail with subject "Hot"
func_mail_hot () {
/bin/echo $temp | /bin/mail -s "server is hot" notification at arinet.org
}

#function to send mail with subject "Cool"
func_mail_cool () {
/bin/date >> /var/log/temp.log
/bin/echo $temp >> /var/log/temp.log
}

#testing the temperature of CPU
((temp>40)) && func_mail_hot || func_mail_cool

Thank you
--
Fajar.

Search Discussions

  • Alan McKay at Jan 11, 2012 at 10:43 pm
    I would not have it doing the alerting.

    I'd have something poll it and graph the temp so you can see a good graph
    of room temp over time.

    And have that same something do the alerting.

    But do your servers have sensors too? You really need to monitor those as
    well because there can be a huge difference in room temp and server temp,
    and there is not always a good coorelation between them.

    Munin is a good program for graphing and it has limited alerting that would
    be sufficient for this.

    --
    ?Don't eat anything you've ever seen advertised on TV?
  • Les Mikesell at Jan 11, 2012 at 11:04 pm

    I'd have something poll it and graph the temp so you can see a good graph
    of room temp over time.

    And have that same something do the alerting.

    But do your servers have sensors too? ?You really need to monitor those as
    well because there can be a huge difference in room temp and server temp,
    and there is not always a good coorelation between them.

    Munin is a good program for graphing and it has limited alerting that would
    be sufficient for this.
    OpenNMS might be overkill here unless you have a lot of other things
    to monitor, but it has a reasonable framework for notifications. I'm
    not sure what you'd have to do to get it to see linux host
    temperatures but it picks it up from cisco routers and some APC
    equipment out of the box.

    --
    Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com
  • Harold Pritchett at Jan 16, 2012 at 10:45 pm
    I am attempting to install Etherpad on a CentOS 5.7 system.

    The system is at current patchlevels.

    I am using a cookbook found at http://pauleira.com/13/installing-etherpad/

    My main problem seems to be that this howto is a couple of years old and none of the software is still at the levels described.

    Does anyone have any experience with installing the current version of etherpad on the current version of CentOS?

    Thanks,

    Harold
  • John Doe at Jan 17, 2012 at 5:17 am
    From: Harold Pritchett <harold at uga.edu>
    I am attempting to install Etherpad on a CentOS 5.7 system.
    Maybe analyze the fedora srpm...
    http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/sdz/etherpad/fedora-13/SRPMS/

groupcentos @
categoriescentos