FAQ
Greetings,

I have installed phpmyadmin on a Centos 6.2 box.

When I try to access it through http://localhost/phpmyadmin it is
giving me a 403 forbidden error

any clues?

TIA.

--
Regards,

Rajagopal

Search Discussions

  • Andreas Reschke at Jan 3, 2012 at 5:02 am

    centos-bounces at centos.org schrieb am 03.01.2012 10:55:43:

    Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
    Gesendet von: centos-bounces at centos.org

    03.01.2012 10:55

    Bitte antworten an
    CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>

    An

    CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>

    Kopie

    Thema

    [CentOS] phpmyadmin issue

    Greetings,

    I have installed phpmyadmin on a Centos 6.2 box.

    When I try to access it through http://localhost/phpmyadmin it is
    giving me a 403 forbidden error

    any clues?

    TIA.

    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
    _______________________________________________
    CentOS mailing list
    CentOS at centos.org
    http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
    Hi,
    have you modified /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf ?
    #
    # Web application to manage MySQL
    #

    <Directory "/usr/share/phpMyAdmin">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>

    Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /mysqladmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin


    Gru?
    Andreas Reschke
    ________________________________________________________________

    Unix/Linux-Administration
    Andreas.Reschke at behrgroup.com
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 3, 2012 at 5:12 am
    Greetings

    On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Andreas Reschke
    wrote:
    centos-bounces at centos.org schrieb am 03.01.2012 10:55:43:
    Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
    Gesendet von: centos-bounces at centos.org

    03.01.2012 10:55

    Bitte antworten an
    CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
    have you modified /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf ?
    #
    # ?Web application to manage MySQL
    #

    <Directory "/usr/share/phpMyAdmin">
    ?Order Deny,Allow
    ?Deny from all
    ?Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>

    Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /mysqladmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    my phpmyadmin.conf file reads:

    [root at centos phpmyadmin]# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
    #
    # Web application to manage MySQL
    #

    <Directory "/usr/share/phpmyadmin">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>

    Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin
    Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin
    Alias /mysqladmin /usr/share/phpmyadmin


    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • John Broome at Jan 3, 2012 at 6:47 am

    On Jan 3, 2012, at 5:12, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:

    Greetings

    On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Andreas Reschke
    wrote:
    centos-bounces at centos.org schrieb am 03.01.2012 10:55:43:
    Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
    Gesendet von: centos-bounces at centos.org

    03.01.2012 10:55

    Bitte antworten an
    CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
    have you modified /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf ?
    #
    # Web application to manage MySQL
    #

    <Directory "/usr/share/phpMyAdmin">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>

    Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /mysqladmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    my phpmyadmin.conf file reads:

    [root at centos phpmyadmin]# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
    #
    # Web application to manage MySQL
    #

    <Directory "/usr/share/phpmyadmin">
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>
    Unless you're going to access this through a ssh tunnel to this
    machine fix this stanza of the config.
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 3, 2012 at 10:58 pm
    Greetings,
    On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 5:17 PM, John Broome wrote:
    On Jan 3, 2012, at 5:12, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:

    Greetings

    On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Andreas Reschke
    wrote:
    centos-bounces at centos.org schrieb am 03.01.2012 10:55:43:
    Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
    Gesendet von: centos-bounces at centos.org

    03.01.2012 10:55

    Bitte antworten an
    CentOS mailing list <centos at centos.org>
    have you modified /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpMyAdmin.conf ?
    #
    # ?Web application to manage MySQL
    #

    <Directory "/usr/share/phpMyAdmin">
    ?Order Deny,Allow
    ?Deny from all
    ?Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>

    Alias /phpmyadmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /phpMyAdmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    Alias /mysqladmin /usr/share/phpMyAdmin
    my phpmyadmin.conf file reads:

    [root at centos phpmyadmin]# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/phpmyadmin.conf
    #
    # ?Web application to manage MySQL
    #

    <Directory "/usr/share/phpmyadmin">
    ?Order Deny,Allow
    ?Deny from all
    ?Allow from 127.0.0.1
    </Directory>
    Unless you're going to access this through a ssh tunnel to this
    machine fix this stanza of the config.
    I am on the machine.

    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • John Doe at Jan 3, 2012 at 6:05 am
    From: Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
    I have installed phpmyadmin on a Centos 6.2 box.
    When I try to access it through http://localhost/phpmyadmin it is
    giving me a 403 forbidden error
    any clues?
    It says you don't have access rights...
    How did you setup the access rights?

    JD
  • John R Pierce at Jan 3, 2012 at 6:10 am

    On 01/03/12 1:55 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    When I try to access it throughhttp://localhost/phpmyadmin it is
    giving me a 403 forbidden error
    I'd look in /var/log/httpd/{access,error}_log

    maybe `tail -f /var/log/httpd/*_log` in a shell window, then hit the
    webpage and see what new errors are barfed out a few seconds later...



    --
    john r pierce N 37, W 122
    santa cruz ca mid-left coast
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 3, 2012 at 10:57 pm
    Greetings,
    On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 4:40 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
    On 01/03/12 1:55 AM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    When I try to access it throughhttp://localhost/phpmyadmin ?it is
    giving me a 403 forbidden error
    I'd look in /var/log/httpd/{access,error}_log

    maybe `tail -f /var/log/httpd/*_log` ?in a shell window, then hit the
    webpage and see what new errors are barfed out a few seconds later...
    [root at centos ~]# tail /var/log/httpd/access_log

    :1 - - [04/Jan/2012:09:21:52 +0530] "GET /phpmyadmin HTTP/1.1" 403 287
    "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.24)
    Gecko/20111109 CentOS/3.6.24-3.el6.centos Firefox/3.6.24"
    ::1 - - [04/Jan/2012:09:21:55 +0530] "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1" 404
    284 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.2.24)
    Gecko/20111109 CentOS/3.6.24-3.el6.centos Firefox/3.6.24"

    [root at centos ~]# tail /var/log/httpd/error_log
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:23 2012] [error] python_init: Python version
    mismatch, expected '2.6.5', found '2.6.6'.
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:23 2012] [error] python_init: Python executable
    found '/usr/bin/python'.
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:23 2012] [error] python_init: Python path being used
    '/usr/lib64/python26.zip:/usr/lib64/python2.6/:/usr/lib64/python2.6/plat-linux2:/usr/lib64/python2.6/lib-tk:/usr/lib64/python2.6/lib-old:/usr/lib64/python2.6/lib-dynload'.
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:23 2012] [notice] mod_python: Creating 4 session
    mutexes based on 256 max processes and 0 max threads.
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:23 2012] [notice] mod_python: using mutex_directory /tmp
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:25 2012] [warn] mod_wsgi: Compiled for Python/2.6.2.
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:25 2012] [warn] mod_wsgi: Runtime using Python/2.6.6.
    [Wed Jan 04 09:04:25 2012] [notice] Apache/2.2.15 (Unix) DAV/2
    mod_auth_kerb/5.4 mod_auth_pgsql/2.0.3 mod_nss/2.2.15 NSS/3.12.10.0
    PHP/5.3.8 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.6.6 mod_ssl/2.2.15
    OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips SVN/1.6.11 mod_wsgi/3.2 mod_perl/2.0.4 Perl/v5.10.1
    configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Wed Jan 04 09:21:52 2012] [error] [client ::1] client denied by
    server configuration: /usr/share/phpmyadmin
    [Wed Jan 04 09:21:55 2012] [error] [client ::1] File does not exist:
    /var/www/html/favicon.ico
    [root at centos ~]#

    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • John R Pierce at Jan 3, 2012 at 11:06 pm

    On 01/03/12 7:57 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    [Wed Jan 04 09:21:52 2012] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/phpmyadmin
    that says it all right there.

    ::1 is the ipv6 localhost. you probably allowed 127.0.0.1 but not ::1

    you should.



    --
    john r pierce N 37, W 122
    santa cruz ca mid-left coast
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 3, 2012 at 11:15 pm
    Greetings,
    On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:36 AM, John R Pierce wrote:
    On 01/03/12 7:57 PM, Rajagopal Swaminathan wrote:
    [Wed Jan 04 09:21:52 2012] [error] [client ::1] client denied by server configuration: /usr/share/phpmyadmin
    that says it all right there.

    ::1 is the ipv6 localhost. ?you probably allowed 127.0.0.1 but not ::1

    you should.
    I just did add ::1

    Still forbidden :-(

    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal
  • John Doe at Jan 4, 2012 at 9:02 am
    From: Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
    I just did add ::1
    Still forbidden :-(
    Just in case: did you restart apache...?

    JD
  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at Jan 4, 2012 at 10:41 pm
    Greetings,
    On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM, John Doe wrote:
    From: Rajagopal Swaminathan <raju.rajsand at gmail.com>
    I just did add ::1
    Still forbidden :-(
    Just in case: did you restart apache...?
    of course, yes

    --
    Regards,

    Rajagopal

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJan 3, '12 at 4:55a
activeJan 4, '12 at 10:41p
posts12
users5
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase