Hello, I have dedicated server on CentOS Linux 6.1 with
webmin/virtualmin and it tell me:

Package updates 145 updates to system packages are available. Use the
Virtualmin Package Updates module to install them selectively.

4 updates to Virtualmin packages are available. Use the Virtualmin
Package Updates module to install them selectively.

Should I update all packages?

Search Discussions

  • John R Pierce at Dec 29, 2011 at 1:59 pm

    Hello, I have dedicated server on CentOS Linux 6.1 with
    webmin/virtualmin and it tell me:

    Package updates 145 updates to system packages are available. Use the
    Virtualmin Package Updates module to install them selectively.

    4 updates to Virtualmin packages are available. Use the Virtualmin
    Package Updates module to install them selectively.

    Should I update all packages?
    this is a production system? you should test any and all packages on an
    identically configured test or staging platform and verify your workload
    is compatible before deploying any updates in production.

    webmin/virtualmin is not part of CentOS Linux, so you're on your own there.

    --
    john r pierce N 37, W 122
    santa cruz ca mid-left coast

    Hello, I have dedicated server on CentOS Linux 6.1 with
    webmin/virtualmin and it tell me:

    Package updates 145 updates to system packages are available. Use the
    Virtualmin Package Updates module to install them selectively.
    4 updates to Virtualmin packages are available. Use the Virtualmin
    Package Updates module to install them selectively.
    Should I update all packages?
    Sure, if you want to stay current and move along
    to 6.2

    Update Webmin too.

    Yum update should take care of it.

    Of coarse it's always nice to make a snapshot/backup
    in case things go screwy. Which really should not unless
    you've gone off the standard install. (beside Webmin)

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedDec 29, '11 at 1:33p
activeDec 29, '11 at 2:24p