In my personal environment, I've got 7 machines running, with 4 of those
machines running various flavors of Linux (CentOS 5 x86_64; Fedora 15
x86_64; Fedora 14 i686). Based upon some issues with the Fedora 15 x86_64
machine I'm considering dropping Fedora 15 in favor of CentOS 6.1. My
questions are:
On the networking side, has a there been a move to change the ethernet
names from eth0 to em1?
After install, can I change from NetworkManager to plain network?
On my CentOS 5 machine I'm running VMware Server 2 and would like to move
to KVM virtualization on the Fedora 15/CentOS 6.1 box. Is the level of
KVM comparable between Fedora 15 and CentOS 6?
If I install CentOS 6.0 and sometime later upgrade to CentOS 6.2, will the
fact that I'm running software raid-1 on the /boot partition cause me
grief?
Will the fact that I'm running software raid-1 and LVM that was defined
under Fedora 12 cause me grief?
Are there any caveats moving from Fedora 15 to CentOS 6?

Any advise?

Thanks,
Gene Poole

  • Denniston, Todd A CIV NAVSURFWARCENDIV Crane at Dec 14, 2011 at 2:01 pm