Trying to build a more secure version of a desktop with virtualization
enabled. Goal is to perform most Internet surfing and on-line banking
from a special-built and hardened Linux load.

Have built a bunch of complete "Desktop" versions of CentOS 5.5, 5.6,
and 6.0 with this capability. This is the first time I've tried to go
smaller. And smaller it is...by about 900 packages.

Built a CentOS 6 "Minimum Desktop" today. During the install I added
virtualization. Virtualization works, but the guest OS can't
communicate via the virtio interface.

Anyone able to do this? Any tips on what might be missing in the load?

Dave

Search Discussions

  • Ljubomir Ljubojevic at Dec 14, 2011 at 6:56 am

    Vreme: 12/14/2011 03:02 AM, David McGuffey pi?e:
    Anyone able to do this? Any tips on what might be missing in the load?
    If nowone answers, there is centos-virt list better suited for this
    question.

    --

    Ljubomir Ljubojevic
    (Love is in the Air)