IT-Koordinator

Tel. +49 7141 969 420
Fax +49 7141 969 55 420
E-Mail goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de

Filmakademie Baden-W?rttemberg GmbH
Akademiehof 10
71638 Ludwigsburg
www.filmakademie.de

Eintragung Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 205016

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats:
J?rgen Walter MdL
Staatssekret?r im Ministerium f?r Wissenschaft,
Forschung und Kunst Baden-W?rttemberg

Gesch?ftsf?hrer:
Prof. Thomas Schadt

Search Discussions

  • Tris Hoar at Nov 22, 2011 at 8:25 am

    On 22/11/2011 12:58, G?tz Reinicke wrote:
    Hi,

    I do have two DNS servers running bind 9.7.3. One master, one slave.

    If I add/update a record on the master, it takes up to more or less 20
    hours until that change is transferred to the slave.

    That is a long time for me :-) May be I got some settings wrong which
    would sync much faster ... ?

    What could be wrong? What might I check?

    Thanks for any suggestion and hint!

    Regards . G?tz
    It sounds like the the slave is not getting notifies when the master is
    updated. I'd check the NS records first to make sure both master and
    slave are listed. Is this server providing external DNS behind a NAT?
    It could be that you are trying to to zone transfers over the external
    IP to 2 servers on the same external firewall. in this case, you can add
    the also-notify { internal ip of slave}; stanza to the named.conf to
    force it to notify the slave on updates.

    Tris

    to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
    in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

    The views expressed within this email are those of the
    individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation
  • John Doe at Nov 22, 2011 at 9:10 am
    From: G?tz Reinicke <goetz.reinicke at filmakademie.de>
    I do have two DNS servers running bind 9.7.3. One master, one slave.
    If I add/update a record on the master, it takes up to more or less 20
    hours until that change is transferred to the slave.
    Maybe check the 'refresh' value...?? See:
    http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch8/soa.html

    JD

groupcentos @
categoriescentos