On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 10:27 PM, Negative wrote:
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:11 PM, Negative wrote:
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Negative wrote:
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:00 PM, wrote:

Negative wrote:
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM, wrote:
Negative wrote:
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 11:15 AM, wrote:
Negative wrote:
<snip>
I still wonder what is causing this. I couldn't find any mention of
similar problem, including on my desktop in my office, where I have
very similar setup, with four kvm guests, two Fedora, one Centos 6
and
one Windows XP.
<snip>
Do I remember this is 5.7? Look at the announcement that *just* came out
in the last hour, with the libX11 bugfix.
<https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2011-1351.html> says "Previously,
in
the 64-bit mode, libX11 computed addresses using the 32-bit arithmetic.
As
a consequence, under heavy load, applications running in the X
environment
terminated unexpectedly. A patch has been provided to address this
issue,
and the crashes no longer occur in the described scenario."

mark
And, Mark, thanks for mentioning it.

If this isn't my lucky day. RH and Centos solved my problem even before I
defined it.

I saw the update earlier and didn't dare hope. I updated and it seems to
have solved the issue. On the host machine, I fired up virt-manager, started
the Fedora guest and it's been up for a half hour.

Now I, too, can start complaining about Gnome 3. I've read it's like
Windows, but it's the spitting image of the Mac OS.

I spoke too soon. Crashed again after being up for several hours. I'm
running memtest86 now.
After memtest found no errors, I gave another shot at looking for a software
reason for the crashes and found the cause.

I hadn't mention that I messed up the bridge setup. I didn't think that
could lock up the host machine, but it did. Once I had the bridge fixed, the
crashing stopped and network has been working on the guest. So it was my bad
there.

I thought that an incorrect network config would only affect networking, but
it was causing a kernel panic.

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedOct 6, '11 at 10:40p