- Baseurl for the CR repo is set to only use centos.org internal
?machines, this is to reduce the amount of time we need to spend in
?seeding and then managing external mirrors.
Is it possible to synchronize locally the CR repo?

We usually synchronize all repositories in our internal network via
the third-party mirrors, but since the CR repo won't be available
there, it would be nice to be able to rsync directly from centos.org
(and it would remove some load on it)

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Sep 27, 2011 at 8:48 am

    Is it possible to synchronize locally the CR repo?

    We usually synchronize all repositories in our internal network via
    the third-party mirrors, but since the CR repo won't be available
    there, it would be nice to be able to rsync directly from centos.org
    (and it would remove some load on it)
    its available in the regular mirrors, so you should still be able to use
    rsync against someone close to you.

    its not that the content isnt available on external mirrors, its more a
    case of the default config for the repo only uses content on .centos.org
    ( since its a lot faster to sync and keep in a stable manner ).

    - KB

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedSep 27, '11 at 2:26a
activeSep 27, '11 at 8:48a
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Mathieu Baudier: 1 post Karanbir Singh: 1 post