I ran yum update on a CentOS 6.0 machine against the CR repository
and noticed that the nfs-utils-lib update broke my rcp.idmap settings:

rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: processing 'Method' list
rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: Unable to get init function: /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so: undefined symbol: libnfsidmap_plugin_init
rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: requested translation method, 'umich_ldap', is not available
rpc.idmapd: Unable to create name to user id mappings.

The /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so library included with the
1.1.5-3.el6 update is noticably smaller than the one included in the
standard 6.0 package, v. 1.1.5-1.el6.

The rpm checks out correctly via gpg and an rpm2cpio->cpio pipe.
Running ldd against the updated library shows the expected links.

But the library appears to not work. Anyone else seen this?

  • Louis Lagendijk at Sep 27, 2011 at 1:01 pm

    I ran yum update on a CentOS 6.0 machine against the CR repository
    and noticed that the nfs-utils-lib update broke my rcp.idmap settings:

    rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: processing 'Method' list
    rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: Unable to get init function: /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so: undefined symbol: libnfsidmap_plugin_init
    rpc.idmapd: libnfsidmap: requested translation method, 'umich_ldap', is not available
    rpc.idmapd: Unable to create name to user id mappings.

    The /usr/lib64/libnfsidmap/umich_ldap.so library included with the
    1.1.5-3.el6 update is noticably smaller than the one included in the
    standard 6.0 package, v. 1.1.5-1.el6.

    The rpm checks out correctly via gpg and an rpm2cpio->cpio pipe.
    Running ldd against the updated library shows the expected links.

    But the library appears to not work. Anyone else seen this?
    not this, but in my case rpcsvcgssd can no longer understand the krb5
    from my Fedora WS. Sources are unfortunately no available yet, or I
    would have a look to see what is wrong.
    Sep 27 12:38:22 nest rpc.svcgssd[9212]: ERROR: failed serializing krb5
    context for kernel
    Sep 27 12:38:22 nest rpc.svcgssd[9212]: WARNING: handle_nullreq:
    serialize_context_for_kernel failed
    Sep 27 12:38:22 nest rpc.svcgssd[9212]: ERROR: GSS-API: error in
    gss_export_lucid_sec_context(): GSS_S_NO_CONTEXT (No context has been
    established) - (0x00007f6e)

    Louis

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedSep 27, '11 at 12:49p
activeSep 27, '11 at 1:01p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Paul Heinlein: 1 post Louis Lagendijk: 1 post