Dear All
I have installed Asterisk on my centos 5.0 and I have two other centos
6.0 and centos 5.6 with ekiga sip client. The centos 6.0 can make
successful sip calls but centos 5.6 cannot. Among the Asterisk logs, I
found that the centos 6.0 has ekiga 3.2.6 but centos 5.6 has ekiga
2.0.2 . How can I install/upgrade my older ekiga?
Thank you

Search Discussions

  • Christopher Chan at Sep 19, 2011 at 3:23 am
    Hadi,

    Forget it. I suspect you would have to upgrade a whole load of libraries
    and if it were you doing it, you will break your system beyond recognition.

    Christopher
    I have installed Asterisk on my centos 5.0 and I have two other centos
    6.0 and centos 5.6 with ekiga sip client. The centos 6.0 can make
    successful sip calls but centos 5.6 cannot. Among the Asterisk logs, I
    found that the centos 6.0 has ekiga 3.2.6 but centos 5.6 has ekiga
    2.0.2 . How can I install/upgrade my older ekiga?
    Thank you

    Thank you very much for your help. You mean it is better to just rely
    on centos 6.0 and have all clients running it as well?
  • Christopher Chan at Sep 19, 2011 at 5:58 am

    Forget it. I suspect you would have to upgrade a whole load of libraries
    and if it were you doing it, you will break your system beyond recognition.
    Thank you very much for your help. You mean it is better to just rely
    on centos 6.0 and have all clients running it as well?
    If you want them all running the same version, then yes, just go centos 6
  • Hadi motamedi at Sep 19, 2011 at 6:30 am