The last update for CentOS 5.6 included a new kernel. Now when I boot
there is a message on the console saying "mounting cifs: Password". If
someone presses enter it continues to boot. This is very inconvenient,
since I access my machine by ssh. Is there some way to get it to boot
without pausing?

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com
Madison, Wisconsin USA

  • Josh Miller at Aug 19, 2011 at 12:33 pm

    The last update for CentOS 5.6 included a new kernel. Now when I boot
    there is a message on the console saying "mounting cifs: Password". If
    someone presses enter it continues to boot. This is very inconvenient,
    since I access my machine by ssh. Is there some way to get it to boot
    without pausing?
    It sounds like you have an /etc/fstab entry to mount a cifs share
    without a credential file to give permissions.

    Is this correct? If so, you will need to resolve that issue.

    --
    Josh Miller
    Open Source Solutions Architect

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedAug 19, '11 at 12:31p
activeAug 19, '11 at 12:33p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

John J. Boyer: 1 post Josh Miller: 1 post