On Centos 6 - how do you disable the control-alt-delete function in GNOME?

Editing /etc/init/control-alt-delete.conf works for console mode but
not for GNOME.

Thanks,

Jerry

Search Discussions

  • Janez Kosmrlj at Aug 5, 2011 at 9:54 am
    have you tried gconf-editor. it works on centos 5.

    or you can try to edit the keyboard shortcut in system > preferences >
    keyboard shortcuts
    On Centos 6 - how do you disable the control-alt-delete function in GNOME?

    Editing /etc/init/control-alt-delete.conf works for console mode but
    not for GNOME.

    Thanks,

    Jerry

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Jerry Geis at Aug 5, 2011 at 10:30 am

    have you tried gconf-editor. it works on centos 5.

    or you can try to edit the keyboard shortcut in system > preferences >
    keyboard shortcuts
    Janez,

    I have looked at gconf-editor and cant find it.
    Based on your suggestion I looked at system->preferences->keyboard
    shortcuts.
    I found it in there under Log Out. Then looking back in gconf-editor
    under global_keybindings
    I still dont see anything about control-alt-delete.

    I'd like to be able to disable control-alt-delete with gconftool-2 if
    possible.
    I am not finding the method.

    Is there one?

    Thanks,

    Jerry
  • Thomas Johansson at Aug 5, 2011 at 5:06 pm

    have you tried gconf-editor. it works on centos 5.

    or you can try to edit the keyboard shortcut in system> preferences>
    keyboard shortcuts
    Janez,

    I have looked at gconf-editor and cant find it.
    Is this what you are looking for?

    Key: /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/keybindings/power

    Value: <Control><Alt>Delete

    /Thomas

groupcentos @
categoriescentos