I only have one Postfix server running at the moment and have some
questions. On that install, I did Amavisd-new with ClamAV, SpamAssassin,
Postfix and Dovecot.

I know this is a bit off topic, but I'm really hoping for performance
guidance.

Is the added layer of complexity running Amavis worth the effort on a
system with moderate mail flow? Or should I just go down the path of
getting Clam and SA working with Postfix and be done with it?

Whatever path I decide upon now will hopefully be the future for other
system builds to come. I have about a dozen Sendmail installs running
(which will eventually need to be moved over). Some of what I didn't
like about those is Clam/AV and other checks occurred on both incoming
and outgoing email. We pretty much don't have an outbound email virus or
spam problem, so were getting a number of false positives due to DHCP
and clients being assigned a dirty IP address from time to time.

So yes, what's a good mailserver setup which hopefully stays as close to
upstream as possible on 6.0?

John Hinton

Search Discussions

  • Always Learning at Aug 3, 2011 at 12:53 pm