I just upgrade from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 on a x86_64 box. But
when I try to create a new virtual guest, virt-manager give: Error:
internal error cannot parse /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 version number
in 'QEMU emulator version 0.14.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard'.
I have googled it ,but got nothing help. Any help? Thanks first :-)

Search Discussions

  • Patrick Lists at Jul 19, 2011 at 6:52 am

    I just upgrade from centos 5.6 to centos 6.0 on a x86_64 box. But
    when I try to create a new virtual guest, virt-manager give: Error:
    internal error cannot parse /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64 version number
    in 'QEMU emulator version 0.14.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard'.
    I have googled it ,but got nothing help. Any help? Thanks first :-)
    So you did an upgrade from 5.6 to 6.0 and not a fresh install of 6.0?

    I do not know what is causing this error but it suggests that some RPM
    packages were not (properly) upgraded. I do know that upgrading from 5.6
    to 6.0 is *not* supported. This is to prevent errors, perhaps like yours.

    If nobody else on the list can help you, I suggest that you backup your
    data and you do a clean install of 6.0.

    Regards,
    Patrick

groupcentos @