Hi all,

I've setup a ethernet bond on my centos 5.6 server , when i do a reboot
the bond does come up but cleared all the slaves
and i've to manually re-add them with ifenslave.
does anyone know a solution to this? am i missing something? offcourse i
can add it to my rc.local but there must be a more elegant way. please
see my configs below

Thanks,

Wessel

ifcfg-bond0:
DEVICE=bond0
IPADDR=xxx.xx.x.xx
NETMASK%5.255.255.0
NETWORK=xxx.xx.x.xx
BROADCAST=xxx.xx.x.xx
GATEWAYONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
BONDING_MODULE_OPTS='mode�2.3ad miimon�'
TYPE=BOND

ifcfg-eth0 (same for eth1,eth2 & eth3):
# Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection
DEVICE=eth0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=none
USERCTL=no
MASTER=bond0
SLAVE=YES
TYPE=ethernet
HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

/etc/modprobe.conf:
alias eth0 igb
alias eth1 igb
alias eth2 igb
alias eth3 igb
alias eth4 bnx2
alias eth5 bnx2
alias scsi_hostadapter mptbase
alias scsi_hostadapter1 mptsas
alias scsi_hostadapter2 ata_piix
alias scsi_hostadapter3 usb-storage
alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off
options ipv6 disable=1
alias bond0 bonding
options bond0 miimon� mode=4

Search Discussions

  • Rajagopal Swaminathan at May 16, 2011 at 4:09 pm
    Greetings

    On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:50 PM, wessel van der aart
    BONDING_MODULE_OPTS='mode�2.3ad miimon�'
    TYPE=BOND

    ifcfg-eth0 (same for eth1,eth2 & eth3):
    # Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit Network Connection
    DEVICE=eth0
    ONBOOT=yes
    BOOTPROTO=none
    USERCTL=no
    MASTER=bond0
    SLAVE=YES
    TYPE=ethernet

    Have you rtried removing tins line.?

    usel locate bonding.txt it provides a concise and correct way
    HWADDR=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

    Rajagopal

groupcentos @
categoriescentos