I've been getting weird results with the recent filesystem update. It
appears to be hanging at the transaction test stage endlessly. I can close
the ssh connection and the update still goes on. When I use screen I
cannot reattach after logout because the screen still shows as attached
and I have to use -D -RR to get back to it.
Sometimes it succeeds eventually after half an hour, sometimes not. Those
that didn't I have been able to get finalized with screen.

An strace shows an endless loop thru the man directory from a-z and then
starting again, like this:
stat64("/usr/share/man/aa", 0xbfc82584) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
Anyone else seeing this?

Also, there is weird behavior concerning the list of available updates.
Yesterday I had a few servers that didn't show apr, filesystem and mysql
as updates although all were using the same mirror (mirror.atrpms.net).
Today they have shown up. Is it possible this is a problem created by
"mirroring a mirror"? e.g. mirror.atrpms.net having its own mirrors that
were at different stages of update?

Kai

groupcentos @
categoriescentos