I'm looking into backing up my CentOS 5.5 system using an external USB
2.0 hard drive. Anyone with experience with Toshiba Canvio USB 750 GB
unit? I'm backing up to DVDs now and would like to streamline the process.

Any advice is welcome with thanks.

Dick

--
Yes indeed...the Hokey Pokey *is* what its all about!

Search Discussions

  • Rob Kampen at Nov 13, 2010 at 8:07 am

    Dick Roth wrote:
    I'm looking into backing up my CentOS 5.5 system using an external USB
    2.0 hard drive. Anyone with experience with Toshiba Canvio USB 750 GB
    unit? I'm backing up to DVDs now and would like to streamline the process.

    Any advice is welcome with thanks.

    Dick
    I use Toshiba 250Gb and 320Gb external drives regularly - no problems -
    I reformatted ext3 so I can use rsync and preserve permissions etc.
    HTH
    I'm looking into backing up my CentOS 5.5 system using an external USB
    2.0 hard drive. Anyone with experience with Toshiba Canvio USB 750 GB
    unit? I'm backing up to DVDs now and would like to streamline the
    process.

    Any advice is welcome with thanks.

    Dick
    I use Toshiba 250Gb and 320Gb external drives regularly - no problems -
    I reformatted ext3 so I can use rsync and preserve permissions etc.
    HTH

    Thanks for the help.

    Dick

    --
    Yes indeed...the Hokey Pokey *is* what its all about!

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedNov 12, '10 at 9:23p
activeNov 14, '10 at 6:09p