Can we get a refresh of the drbd packages to 8.3.8.1

There was a fix to the resync protocol. 8.3.8 would stall under certain
circumstances.

Thanks,

-Shad

Search Discussions

  • Dag Wieers at Oct 2, 2010 at 8:12 pm

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, Shad L. Lords wrote:

    Can we get a refresh of the drbd packages to 8.3.8.1

    There was a fix to the resync protocol. 8.3.8 would stall under certain
    circumstances.
    Hi Shad,

    If you haven't tried the ELRepo DRBD packages yet, could you please test
    the one at:

    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/i386/RPMS/
    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/x86_64/RPMS/

    and provide feedback ? The more people test and provide feedback, the
    quicker we can move it out of testing, into the elrepo repository.

    PS Updates can be requested through ELRepo's bugtracker available from:

    http://elrepo.org/bugs/

    Thanks in advance,
    --
    -- dag wieers, dag at wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --
  • Joseph L. Casale at Oct 2, 2010 at 9:12 pm

    The more people test and provide feedback, the
    quicker we can move it out of testing, into the elrepo repository.
    Dag,
    I got these on my cluster at work, it will be exercised thoroughly this
    weekend with a tb of data changing, I'll report back next week.

    jlc
  • Shad Lords at Oct 3, 2010 at 11:08 am

    If you haven't tried the ELRepo DRBD packages yet, could you please test
    the one at:

    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/i386/RPMS/
    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/x86_64/RPMS/

    and provide feedback ? The more people test and provide feedback, the
    quicker we can move it out of testing, into the elrepo repository.
    I could for the el5 side. I'm actually syncing a el4 i386 box with a
    el5 x86_64 box.

    -Shad
  • Dag Wieers at Oct 6, 2010 at 6:09 am

    Can we get a refresh of the drbd packages to 8.3.8.1

    There was a fix to the resync protocol. 8.3.8 would stall under certain
    circumstances.
    If you haven't tried the ELRepo DRBD packages yet, could you please test
    I investigated also why I didn't know about the newer DRBD 8.3.8.1 release
    and apparently it was never officially announced. Not on the announce
    mailinglist, not on freshmeat. So it's hard to keep track of items that
    are not announced through known channels :-/ I will take this up with
    upstream.

    So feel free to report future updates through the ELRepo bug tracker in
    case it happens again, I prefer one report too many, than no update :-)

    http://elrepo.org/bugs/

    Thanks for your help !
    --
    -- dag wieers, dag at wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --
  • Dag Wieers at Oct 22, 2010 at 5:39 pm

    Can we get a refresh of the drbd packages to 8.3.8.1

    There was a fix to the resync protocol. 8.3.8 would stall under certain
    circumstances.
    If you haven't tried the ELRepo DRBD packages yet, could you please test
    the one at:

    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/i386/RPMS/
    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/x86_64/RPMS/

    and provide feedback ? The more people test and provide feedback, the
    quicker we can move it out of testing, into the elrepo repository.
    In the meantime DRBD 8.3.9 has been released and you can find EL5 packages
    in the ELRepo testing repository at:

    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/i386/RPMS/
    http://elrepo.org/linux/testing/el5/x86_64/RPMS/

    where also the DRBD 8.3.8.1 are still hosted. Without sufficient feedback
    we are not able to promote those packages to stable.

    Kind regards,
    --
    -- dag wieers, dag at wieers.com, http://dag.wieers.com/ --

groupcentos @