Greetings.

I am planning on getting my RHCE in the near future. I thinking I
should wait until 6 comes out before proceeding. That being said, I
don't want to wait past the end of this year.

That being said, do you all have any information about how long it takes
for their training platform to catch up to their release? Which is to
say, if RHES 6 is released on day 1, at what point will they start
training on RHES6?

I'm asking here instead of RH since I want real-world answers, not the
company line. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Monty

Search Discussions

  • Filipe Rosset at Aug 24, 2010 at 12:14 pm

    I am planning on getting my RHCE in the near future. I thinking I
    should wait until 6 comes out before proceeding. That being said, I
    don't want to wait past the end of this year.

    That being said, do you all have any information about how long it takes
    for their training platform to catch up to their release? Which is to
    say, if RHES 6 is released on day 1, at what point will they start
    training on RHES6?

    I'm asking here instead of RH since I want real-world answers, not the
    company line. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    You can use RHEL 6 Beta at this moment.
    http://www.redhat.com/rhel/beta

    --
    Filipe
    Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

    I'm in a similar situation but I think we just have to wait on further
    information...

    The week long crash course + test on the RH site currently mentions Xen...
    given that is dead now from RH perspective it def seems better to wait for
    now.

    James
    I am planning on getting my RHCE in the near future. I thinking I
    should wait until 6 comes out before proceeding. That being said, I
    don't want to wait past the end of this year.

    That being said, do you all have any information about how long it takes
    for their training platform to catch up to their release? Which is to
    say, if RHES 6 is released on day 1, at what point will they start
    training on RHES6?

    I'm asking here instead of RH since I want real-world answers, not the
    company line. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
    You can use RHEL 6 Beta at this moment.
    http://www.redhat.com/rhel/beta

    --
    Filipe
    Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

    I was in the same dilemma before applying for RHCE exam back in May.
    Now, accoring to my RHCI and RHCX (Instructor and Examiner), it'll take
    at least a year for all RH trainings and exams to get preoriented to new
    major release after RHEL 6 sees light of day.

    --
    *Milos Blazevic*

    Signature

    Cert. No: 805010564450148
    Email: milos.blazevic at sbb.rs <mailto:milos.blazevic at sbb.rs>
    Tel: 064/301 45 78

    Monty Shinn wrote:
[...]

  • Jure Pečar at Aug 31, 2010 at 4:50 am

    That being said, do you all have any information about how long it takes
    for their training platform to catch up to their release? Which is to
    say, if RHES 6 is released on day 1, at what point will they start
    training on RHES6?
    By my current expirience, you'll see RHES6 courses at the time of RHES6.2.
  • Barry Brimer at Aug 31, 2010 at 7:05 am

    On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:20:46 -0500
    That being said, do you all have any information about how long it takes
    for their training platform to catch up to their release? Which is to
    say, if RHES 6 is released on day 1, at what point will they start
    training on RHES6?
    By my current expirience, you'll see RHES6 courses at the time of RHES6.2.
    I don't think it takes that long for them to catch up to a new version of
    RHEL in their training curriculum .. especially their RHCE curriculum. I
    would imagine it would take a few months, but not much more than that. It
    might take longer before *all* of their courses are updated .. but
    definetly not 2 years.

    Barry

groupcentos @
categoriescentos