For CENTOS 4.X servers, it have been 3 days still NOT sync to time server. I know I can run "service ntpd restart" to force server sync to time server, but I like to know how long it take for CENTOS 4.X automatic resync to time server.

Thanks.

Search Discussions

  • Ryan Manikowski at Apr 12, 2010 at 9:07 pm

    On 4/12/2010 2:34 PM, mcclnx mcc wrote:
    We have several CENTOS 4 and 5 servers. ALL CENTOS servers have NTP setup to sync time server. Several days ago due to power outage all servers are reboot. Due to DNS server did NOT up quickly, CENTOS servers start up and can NOT find time server.

    For CENTOS 5.X servers, it did quickly resync to time server after 30 minutes.

    For CENTOS 4.X servers, it have been 3 days still NOT sync to time server. I know I can run "service ntpd restart" to force server sync to time server, but I like to know how long it take for CENTOS 4.X automatic resync to time server.

    Thanks.

    If you need to force it by hand to resync and don't mind an abrupt time
    change run the following command:

    ntpdate -u your.ntp.server

    --
    Ryan Manikowski

    ]] Devision Media Services LLC [[
    www.devision.us
    ryan at devision.us | 716.771.2282

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedApr 12, '10 at 6:34p
activeApr 12, '10 at 9:07p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Ryan Manikowski: 1 post Mcclnx mcc: 1 post