Apache was working with self signed certificate. We changed the ssl.conf
file to read certicates from godaddy and it it failed to restart because of
incorrecrt parphrase.

bash-3.2# /sbin/service httpd restart

Stopping httpd: [ OK ]

Starting httpd: Apache/2.2.3 mod_ssl/2.2.3 (Pass Phrase Dialog) Some of your
private key files are encrypted for security reasons.

In order to read them you have to provide the pass phrases.

Server tt.cs.sb.edu:443 (RSA) Enter pass phrase:

Apache:mod_ssl:Error: Private key not found.

**Stopped

I then put the original ssl.conf back (saved the ssl file with go daddy
changes to ssl_gd.conf) but could not stop or start apache and this was the
error

/sbin/service httpd start

Starting httpd: [Thu Mar 18 09:10:32 2010] [warn] module ssl_module is
already loaded, skipping [Thu Mar 18 09:10:32 2010] [warn] NameVirtualHost
*:443 has no VirtualHosts (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not
bind to address [::]:443 (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not
bind to address 0.0.0.0:443 no listening sockets available, shutting down
Unable to open logs

I re-generated the self signed certificate keys and restarted the server.

/sbin/service httpd start is looking for ssl_gd.conf and NOT SSL.CONF;
Don't know how this happened?

Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 143 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl_gd.conf:
SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/sslcertificate/gd.crt' does not exist or is
empty
[FAILED]

Can anyone give some pointers to solve this?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Jim Perrin at Mar 18, 2010 at 2:09 pm

    Apache was working with self signed certificate. We changed the ssl.conf
    file to read certicates from godaddy and it it failed to restart because of
    incorrecrt parphrase.

    bash-3.2# /sbin/service httpd restart

    Stopping httpd:??????????????????????????????????????????? [? OK? ]

    Starting httpd: Apache/2.2.3 mod_ssl/2.2.3 (Pass Phrase Dialog) Some of your
    private key files are encrypted for security reasons.

    In order to read them you have to provide the pass phrases.

    Server tt.cs.sb.edu:443 (RSA) Enter pass phrase:
    Apache:mod_ssl:Error: Private key not found.
    **Stopped
    Did you swap out both the server.key and server.crt files... and the
    references in the config?

    I then put the original ssl.conf back? (saved the ssl file with go daddy
    changes to ssl_gd.conf) but could not stop or start apache and this was the
    error
    I re-generated the self signed certificate keys and restarted the server.

    /sbin/service httpd start is looking for ssl_gd.conf and NOT SSL.CONF;
    Don't know how this happened?

    Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 143 of /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl_gd.conf:
    SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/sslcertificate/gd.crt' does not exist or is
    empty
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? [FAILED]

    Can anyone give some pointers to solve this?

    The default httpd.conf looks for and includes any file with a .conf
    extension from /etc/httpd/conf.d/ . If you want it to not load one of
    the two configs you're using, make it .bak or something other than
    .conf.

    George Orwell
  • Testwreq wreq at Mar 18, 2010 at 2:44 pm
    Yes, I did it now and it worked. thanks for the pointer:)

    --
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
    act.