Greetings all,
I am using Centos-5.3 in my server which is running dns, apache and mail.
When the power went off and back then all of my services are not be able to
run, i visited log files esp for httpd it says read-only and httpd cant
start, this cause all of my services to stop. i tried to fix by fsck but
still i cant be able to log in my mails via web access because httpd is not
running, in short all services stopped.
I need help, what to do so that to change the read-only mode, i cant even
delete any file.
After running fsck and reboot now it reached:-
(none) login:
and if i type root gives incorrect.
Please help me so that to get back my mail server online (mails are in this
server).
regards,
Damas

--
ICT4Community, in Community, with Community.
damastz at hotmail.com/aim.com/juasun.net

Search Discussions

  • Dominik Zyla at Mar 2, 2010 at 2:18 pm

    I am using Centos-5.3 in my server which is running dns, apache and mail.
    When the power went off and back then all of my services are not be able to
    run, i visited log files esp for httpd it says read-only and httpd cant start,
    this cause all of my services to stop. i tried to fix by fsck but still i cant
    be able to log in my mails via web access because httpd is not running, in
    short all services stopped.
    I need help, what to do so that to change the read-only mode, i cant even
    delete any file.
    After running fsck and reboot now it reached:-
    (none) login:
    and if i type root gives incorrect.
    Please help me so that to get back my mail server online (mails are in this
    server).
    Hi,

    Did you checked appriopriate (/var) partition with fsck?

    --
    Dominik Zyla