and
files as 644

Thank you for your help

  • Kai Schaetzl at Feb 5, 2010 at 3:02 pm
    man chmod

    Kai

  • John Doe at Feb 8, 2010 at 10:05 am
    From: adrian kok <adriankok2000 at yahoo.com.hk>
    I move a zip file from window to linux
    but all permission of folder and files are kept in 700
    How can I change it one time? I don't need to change directory under directory
    to change as
    folder as 755
    and
    files as 644
    You could use find -type X (X = 'd' for directories and 'f' for files)

    JD
  • Simon Billis at Feb 8, 2010 at 12:47 pm

    John Doe sent a missive on?2010-02-08:

    From: adrian kok <adriankok2000 at yahoo.com.hk>
    I move a zip file from window to linux but all permission of folder
    and files are kept in 700 How can I change it one time? I don't need
    to change directory under directory to change as folder as 755 and
    files as 644
    You could use find -type X (X = 'd' for directories and 'f' for files)
    Indeed, not forgetting that you can use -exec option with find to do the
    actuall change to the files/dirs

    I.e. for directories within the zip

    Bash# find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedFeb 5, '10 at 1:51p
activeFeb 8, '10 at 12:47p