centos has the 4 virtual desktops by default.
if I have a terminal window open in desktop 1
is there a command I can execute (type in) to switch to desktop 2?

The mouse will not be attached at this point and I want to switch views
using a command line. How do I do that?

Thanks,

Jerry

Search Discussions

  • Scot P. Floess at Jan 28, 2010 at 2:55 pm
    Which window manager are you using?
    centos has the 4 virtual desktops by default.
    if I have a terminal window open in desktop 1
    is there a command I can execute (type in) to switch to desktop 2?

    The mouse will not be attached at this point and I want to switch views
    using a command line. How do I do that?

    Thanks,

    Jerry
    Scot P. Floess
    27 Lake Royale
    Louisburg, NC 27549

    252-478-8087 (Home)
    919-890-8117 (Work)

    Chief Architect JPlate http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate

    Architect Keros http://sourceforge.net/projects/keros
  • Kwan Lowe at Jan 28, 2010 at 3:06 pm

    centos has the 4 virtual desktops by default.
    if I have a terminal window open in desktop 1
    is there a command I can execute (type in) to switch to desktop 2?

    The mouse will not be attached at this point and I want to switch views
    using a command line. How do I do that?
    Two approaches:
    Use the shortcut key for your WM. For example, CTL-ALT-Left or CTL-ALT-Right..

    Or

    Install the wmctrl package from rpmforge and do:
    wmctrl -s 1
    wmctrl -s 2

    That's if you want to do it from a script..

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJan 28, '10 at 2:54p
activeJan 28, '10 at 3:06p