Hi folks

I have a Centos 5.3. I'm wondering how can I make this linux box to act as a time server for my small network.
I just need this Centos PC act as a time reference for the other PCs so they can keep the time exact the same as the Centos server. Don;t need to syncronize the server with tyhe internet, just keep my local network with the same time in all the PC.

Thanks in advance

David
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Ray Van Dolson at Dec 17, 2009 at 4:20 pm

    I have a Centos 5.3. I'm wondering how can I make this linux box to
    act as a time server for my small network. I just need this Centos
    PC act as a time reference for the other PCs so they can keep the
    time exact the same as the Centos server. Don;t need to syncronize
    the server with tyhe internet, just keep my local network with the
    same time in all the PC.
    http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-2148

    Ray
  • Steve Lindemann at Dec 17, 2009 at 4:49 pm

    Ray Van Dolson wrote:
    I have a Centos 5.3. I'm wondering how can I make this linux box to
    act as a time server for my small network. I just need this Centos
    PC act as a time reference for the other PCs so they can keep the
    time exact the same as the Centos server. Don;t need to syncronize
    the server with tyhe internet, just keep my local network with the
    same time in all the PC.
    http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/docs/DOC-2148
    And if you're into learning about ntp, here are a few other references
    that may prove useful...

    http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ (original developer, now retired)

    http://www.ntp.org/
    http://asg.andrew.cmu.edu/rfc/rfc1305.html
    http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome

    ...I have a few more time related links but these three are the best of
    my collection for ntp.
    --
    Steve Lindemann __
    Network Administrator //\\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign