I'd like to integrate a handful of shell scripts into my Nautilus file
browser, for example to be able to resize a selection of images with one
click via ImageMagick, or convert videos easily. After a bit of
Googling, I found out that folks seem to do this by placing scripts into
~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts. Only that doesn't seem to work for me.
Nothing appears in the browsers contextual menu.

Any pointers for a start ? Anyone here using something similar ?

Cheers,

Niki

Search Discussions

  • Barry Brimer at Aug 10, 2009 at 5:23 pm

    Quoting Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net>:

    Hi,

    I'd like to integrate a handful of shell scripts into my Nautilus file
    browser, for example to be able to resize a selection of images with one
    click via ImageMagick, or convert videos easily. After a bit of
    Googling, I found out that folks seem to do this by placing scripts into
    ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts. Only that doesn't seem to work for me.
    Nothing appears in the browsers contextual menu.

    Any pointers for a start ? Anyone here using something similar ?
    I have used these before, but most importantly, I read about it from a Ubuntu
    writeup/tutorial on something like this I believe for rotating images. Ubuntu,
    most likely rather Debian uses a beta version of the libjpeg software suite.
    Fedora/Red Hat/CentOS does not. The result is that the script "transformed" my
    images in place to 0 length files, thus trashing my files. If you want this to
    work correctly, you need the latest beta of the libjpeg software, and most
    importantly *TEST* this on a copy of your images first. I realize that you
    could be looking at an entirely different writeup/tutorial, but I wanted to
    make sure you were aware of this, and did not lose any data.

    Barry

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedAug 10, '09 at 5:04p
activeAug 10, '09 at 5:23p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Niki Kovacs: 1 post Barry Brimer: 1 post