Hi all CentOS users.

I have used the Snort on server for NIDS.It is connected to switch's
SPAN port and server ethernet mode is promiscuous and it is analysing
all network traffic and alert me all status.

But i am searching other alternative for NIDS that it connectable to
network area like Snort server.I found some hardware machine such as
SonicWall,Barracuda etc.. but at the same time this hardwares are
firewall and VPN UTM but only I am looking for NIDS alternative.

Do you know which hardware can i use for NIDS ? I am waiting your
advice and suggestion.

--
Iyi calismalar.Basarilar...
Semih Gokalp

Search Discussions

  • John R Pierce at Jul 24, 2009 at 2:22 pm

    Semih Gokalp wrote:
    Do you know which hardware can i use for NIDS ? I am waiting your
    advice and suggestion.
    my suggestion is, this question has nothing to do with CentOS.

    you might try google,
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hardware+intrusion+detection+system

    or something like Gartner reports, which evaluate IT systems for
    enterprises ($$$)
  • Semih Gokalp at Jul 24, 2009 at 2:45 pm
    Thanks for your reply but I have already know this is not CentOS question.

    I only wanted to know your suggestions and advice.

    Sorry my question.Everbody can ignore my question.

    Do you know which hardware can i use for NIDS ? I am waiting your
    advice and suggestion.
    my suggestion is, this question has nothing to do with CentOS.

    you might try google,
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=hardware+intrusion+detection+system

    or something like Gartner reports, which evaluate IT systems for
    enterprises ($$$)

    Iyi calismalar.Basarilar...
    Semih Gokalp
    Istanbul/Turkiye

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJul 24, '09 at 2:06p
activeJul 24, '09 at 2:45p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Semih Gokalp: 2 posts John R Pierce: 1 post