I have a one problem with Raid controller Tekram TR-822...
I'm using dmraid software:
root at ns1: / $ dmraid -r
/dev/sda: sil, "sil_ajacddafagff", mirror, ok, 156299440 sectors, data@ 0
/dev/sdb: sil, "sil_ajacddafagff", mirror, ok, 156299440 sectors, data@ 0

When I'm start dmraid -ay:
root at ns1: / $ dmraid -ay
RAID set "sil_ajacddafagff" was not activated

And I see from dmesg:
device-mapper: table: 253:0: mirror: Device lookup failure
device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

My system centos
My kernel 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5.centos.plus

Search Discussions

  • Tim Nelson at Jun 3, 2009 at 2:48 pm

    ----- "Andrey Garkin" wrote:
    I have a one problem with Raid controller Tekram TR-822...
    I'm using dmraid software:
    root at ns1: / $ dmraid -r
    /dev/sda: sil, "sil_ajacddafagff", mirror, ok, 156299440 sectors,
    data@ 0
    /dev/sdb: sil, "sil_ajacddafagff", mirror, ok, 156299440 sectors,
    data@ 0

    When I'm start dmraid -ay:
    root at ns1: / $ dmraid -ay
    RAID set "sil_ajacddafagff" was not activated

    And I see from dmesg:
    device-mapper: table: 253:0: mirror: Device lookup failure
    device-mapper: ioctl: error adding target to table

    My system centos
    My kernel 2.6.18-128.1.10.el5.centos.plus
    Remove the RAID configuration from the card's "BIOS" and just run them as standard SATA volumes. Then, use software raid to accomplish your mirror. The 'fake-raid' junk will likely keep giving you headaches. Or, get a controller that has *REAL* hardware RAID like a 3ware or Areca.

    --Tim
  • Phil Schaffner at Jun 3, 2009 at 3:15 pm

    Tim Nelson wrote:
    ----- "Andrey Garkin" wrote:
    I have a one problem with Raid controller Tekram TR-822... I'm
    Remove the RAID configuration from the card's "BIOS" and just run
    them as standard SATA volumes. Then, use software raid to accomplish
    your mirror. The 'fake-raid' junk will likely keep giving you
    headaches. Or, get a controller that has *REAL* hardware RAID like a
    3ware or Areca.
    +1

    This Wiki article may be worth a look.

    http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/SoftwareRAIDonCentOS5