Hi all,

Is there a way to specify a usb network device at boot time for
installation?
I have trendnet TU2-ET100 usb network device. I have a motherboard that
in the 5.2 install disk
the network is not detected. However I want to use all my network
kickstart files so
I am looking for a way to have a USB network at install time. Is that
possible?

Jerry

Search Discussions

  • John R Pierce at Feb 13, 2009 at 9:53 pm

    Jerry Geis wrote:
    Hi all,

    Is there a way to specify a usb network device at boot time for
    installation?
    I have trendnet TU2-ET100 usb network device. I have a motherboard that
    in the 5.2 install disk
    the network is not detected. However I want to use all my network
    kickstart files so
    I am looking for a way to have a USB network at install time. Is that
    possible?
    according to http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/ you need the command
    `modprob gsix` to wake up that device.
  • Jerry Geis at Feb 13, 2009 at 9:59 pm

    according to http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/ you need the command
    `modprob gsix` to wake up that device.
    John,

    Thanks - the device works after an install with "modprobe asix" sure enough.

    But I need to wake it up and the linux boot line when I'm installing?
    How do I do that?

    jerry

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedFeb 13, '09 at 9:45p
activeFeb 13, '09 at 9:59p
websitecentos.org
irc#centos

2 users in discussion

Jerry Geis: 2 posts John R Pierce: 1 post