Hi all,
Is there a way to dump the current packages installed on a machine and
use it do install/uninstall packages on other machines? I've
configured one at install time but to speed up other installations I
would like to install default packages and then install/uninstall some
starting from my first machine configuration...

thanks

PS
Oh, I'm going to RTFM too... but I'm new to CentOS and yum...

Search Discussions

  • Ralph Angenendt at Nov 26, 2008 at 11:10 am

    Davide Cittaro wrote:
    Hi all,
    Is there a way to dump the current packages installed on a machine and
    use it do install/uninstall packages on other machines? I've configured
    one at install time but to speed up other installations I would like to
    install default packages and then install/uninstall some starting from my
    first machine configuration...
    rpm -qa > foobar

    scp foobar machine2:/var/tmp

    ssh machine2