I successfully installed CentOS on 3ware 9650SE controller. Due to some
issues with compatibility with my motherboard, I replaced it with a
9690SA.

Now the system won't boot (although interestingly enough, it find the
boot menu fine, just won't boot past a certain point in the bootup phase.

I thought I would reinstall, but anaconda doesn't find the raid array.

3ware does have drivers on their site, but I'm not too sure how to get
them on my system?

Russ

Search Discussions

  • Tim Verhoeven at Jun 6, 2008 at 4:54 pm

    I successfully installed CentOS on 3ware 9650SE controller. Due to some
    issues with compatibility with my motherboard, I replaced it with a 9690SA.
    Now the system won't boot (although interestingly enough, it find the boot
    menu fine, just won't boot past a certain point in the bootup phase.

    I thought I would reinstall, but anaconda doesn't find the raid array.
    3ware does have drivers on their site, but I'm not too sure how to get them
    on my system?
    That controller requires a newer version of the 3ware driver. I'm
    pretty sure the 5.2 will have that driver. So if you can wait a bit
    longer...

    Regards,
    Tim

    (Linus Torvalds)
  • Ruslan Sivak at Jun 6, 2008 at 4:58 pm

    Tim Verhoeven wrote:
    I successfully installed CentOS on 3ware 9650SE controller. Due to some
    issues with compatibility with my motherboard, I replaced it with a 9690SA.
    Now the system won't boot (although interestingly enough, it find the boot
    menu fine, just won't boot past a certain point in the bootup phase.

    I thought I would reinstall, but anaconda doesn't find the raid array.
    3ware does have drivers on their site, but I'm not too sure how to get them
    on my system?
    That controller requires a newer version of the 3ware driver. I'm
    pretty sure the 5.2 will have that driver. So if you can wait a bit
    longer...

    Regards,
    Tim
    For production use, I can, but currently we are testing these servers,
    and I would like to get them up and running. Is there a way to load a
    driver on an already running system, or load it for anaconda? Something
    similar to F6 in windows?

    Or do I need to go to the console and install it manually?

    Russ
  • Jeff at Jun 6, 2008 at 5:05 pm

[...]

    Yes, anaconda supports the concept of a driver disk.

    http://www.centos.org/docs/2/rhl-ig-as-x86-en-2.1/ch-driverdisk.html

    And 3ware offers a disk image download for 9690SA/RHEL5.

    --
    Jeff
  • Ruslan Sivak at Jun 6, 2008 at 5:20 pm

    Jeff wrote:
[...]

    Thank you. I noticed that they said in the docs to install by using
    linux dd. 3ware provides a zip file with the drivers, not a disk image,
    AFAIK. I burned the contents of the zip to a cd, but anaconda fails to
    recognize it. It keeps complaining about not being able to find a fat
    or a ext3 filesystem on the driver disk.

    I don't have a floppy drive, only a cdrom and a flash drive. Do I need
    to get a floppy drive in order for this to work?

    Russ
  • Victor Padro at Jun 6, 2008 at 5:38 pm

[...]

    Perhaps you can download RHEL 5.2 from Red Hat Network, if you are a
    customer there will be no problem but if you're not, maybe you can sign out
    for 30 day trial and then download the ISOs, burn it and test your box and
    share your results, it will be enough time for CentOS 5.2 to be available,
    so then you can be sure to run a production system.

    https://www.redhat.com/wapps/sso/rhn/login.html?redirect=http%3A%2F%2Frhn.redhat.com%2Frhn%2Fsoftware%2Fchannel%2Fdownloads%2FDownload.do%3Fcidi49

    I got almost the same issue with an Asus mainboard...that's my 2 cents.

    Cya.

    Victor.