Dear,

I updated my nvidia graphics driver on one of the CentOS boxes.

When I log in my account, icons are not displayed correctly.
They are displayed as small empty squares, and there are error messages like
"Fater error: failed to load <file name>.png : version error" for each icon.

If I log in as super user, everything is OK. Icons are OK. No error messages.
Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

-john

Search Discussions

  • John at Apr 1, 2008 at 1:11 pm

    I updated my nvidia graphics driver on one of the CentOS boxes.

    When I log in my account, icons are not displayed correctly.
    They are displayed as small empty squares, and there are error messages like
    "Fater error: failed to load <file name>.png : version error" for each icon.

    If I log in as super user, everything is OK. Icons are OK. No error messages.
    Do you have any idea?

    Thank you.
    Did you let it auto update your xorg.conf file?? After installing the
    driver?

    -john
    ~/john

    OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079
  • John J. Lee at Apr 1, 2008 at 5:07 pm
    Yes. I did run the auto update.

    -john
    I updated my nvidia graphics driver on one of the CentOS boxes.

    When I log in my account, icons are not displayed correctly.
    They are displayed as small empty squares, and there are error messages like
    "Fater error: failed to load <file name>.png : version error" for each icon.

    If I log in as super user, everything is OK. Icons are OK. No error messages.
    Do you have any idea?

    Thank you.
    Did you let it auto update your xorg.conf file?? After installing the
    driver?

    -john
    ~/john

    OpenPGP Sig:BA91F079