I've been using an CentOS4.4 version.
All was well till 2 days back. Suddenly when the PC was booted-up, it
wouldn't bootup. It gets stuck displaying the following message.

exec of init (/sbin/init) failed !!!: 80
umount /initrd/dev failed: 2

I entered the rescue mode and attempted
chroot /mnt/sysimage
It spitted an error

"chroot : cannot execute /bin/sh: Accessing a corrupted shared library."

I tried to google-out the problem in vain

Any clues as to whats the problem and the remedy?

TIA,
Balaji

Search Discussions

  • Karanbir Singh at Jan 21, 2008 at 2:10 pm

    Balaji wrote:
    Hi,
    I've been using an CentOS4.4 version.
    I dont know what the solution to your issue is - you didnt provide
    enough info to diagnose or even propose any fix's - however, WHY are you
    running such an old version of the distro ? you really should be doing
    yum updates and keeping your machine patched.

    --
    Karanbir Singh
    CentOS Project { http://www.centos.org/ }