Hi!

I'm trying to install centos 5.1 as a http installation from a centos
mirror.

i've done it before with Fedora, figured I could do it with Centos, too,
but every time I try it, it goes all the way thru Anaconda to the point
of entering the root password, then I get an error about not being
able to find the repodata.

I note that the section in the "upstream" manuals about network installs
imply (without ever being extremely specific) that you would have your
own server with the files on it. Is this some limitation that prevents
us from using a centos mirror instead?

Anyway, I've tried with two mirrors. when it asked me for the system
name and the path to the directory, I entered this (for one of the
tries):

www.gtlib.gatech.edu
/pub/centos/5.1/os/i386

and for the other mirror

mirror.rhsmith.umd.edu
/pub/centos/5.1/os/i386

in the two lines of the form.

Is this right? (the manuals aren't really really terribly explicit).

Thanks!

The Lord is like a strong tower.