Is it possible during install to open a console window and perform some simple tasks such as lspci and mount. If so what text file editor exists in this console?

Thank you,
jlc

Search Discussions

  • Anup Shukla at Dec 21, 2007 at 4:37 am

    Joseph L. Casale wrote:
    Is it possible during install to open a console window and perform some simple tasks such as lspci and mount. If so what text file editor exists in this console?
    You do have consoles available. Try pressing ALT+F1,ALT+F2,..,ALT+F6
    You will find a shell in one of those consoles. Don't remember which one
    is it.

    I am not sure if you can do lspci or mount etc.
    But there is a shell available nevertheless.

    --
    Anup Shukla
  • Johnny Hughes at Dec 21, 2007 at 10:43 am

    Anup Shukla wrote:
    Joseph L. Casale wrote:
    Is it possible during install to open a console window and perform
    some simple tasks such as lspci and mount. If so what text file editor
    exists in this console?
    You do have consoles available. Try pressing ALT+F1,ALT+F2,..,ALT+F6
    You will find a shell in one of those consoles. Don't remember which one
    is it.

    I am not sure if you can do lspci or mount etc.
    But there is a shell available nevertheless.
    The shell is not the normal bash of CentOS, but it is busybox.

    Not all of the normal tools are available, nor are all tools exactly the
    same as in the main distro ... but mount and lspci both work and are
    available (at least on CentOS-5, which is what I just checked).

    Thanks,
    Johnny Hughes