Hi Centos Users

# ping 10.104.89.146
connect: Invalid argument

The Server has normal network connectivity. I ssh into it over this
interface. Strace output on Pastebin [0]. SELinux is disabled. Centos
4.3

cheers
Simon

[0] http://pastebin.com/m720052a8
--
XMPP: sjolle@swissjabber.org

Search Discussions

  • Mogens Kjaer at Nov 8, 2007 at 12:02 pm

    Simon Jolle wrote:
    Hi Centos Users

    # ping 10.104.89.146
    connect: Invalid argument
    Do you get this with all kinds of arguments to ping,
    or is it just if you ping your own IP?

    # ping 130.226.184.9
    # ping ftp.crc.dk
    # ping localhost
    # ping 127.0.0.1

    Does the machine have more than one NIC? And NAT's to
    the 10.x.x.x addresses?

    Mogens

    Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
    Email: mk@crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk
  • Alain Spineux at Nov 8, 2007 at 12:03 pm

    Did you try to ssh yourself, ping something else in your network and
    outside of your network ?
    What about ifconfig, route -n ?
    Did you enable IPV6 ?
    What is your last change before the problem appears ?

    Hope the answer is in my questions :-)
    The Server has normal network connectivity. I ssh into it over this
    interface. Strace output on Pastebin [0]. SELinux is disabled. Centos
    4.3

    cheers
    Simon

    [0] http://pastebin.com/m720052a8