I get to where the installation begins copying packages to the new
host and it's time to change CD's to the second one. I get the
following message:

An error occurred unmounting the CD...
make sure you're not accessing /mnt/source
from the shell on tty2...click Ok to retry.

I click and nothing changes.

I go to tty2 and see the #ssh prompt and see nothing interfering (and
the umount command doesn't work under the shell).

I've tried this three times and can't get past this point. It may be
a hardware problem, but other things work on the same system under
Fedora 7.

BTW, old AMD dual CPU, Gigabyte server MOBO, 1.5 Gb RAM, WD IDE drive,
generic IDE CD-RW. ATI Raden graphics card.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Tom

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida
USA

Search Discussions

  • Thom Paine at Nov 8, 2007 at 6:32 pm
    Are you able to install via NFS from a laptop or anything?
[...]

    -=/>Thom
  • Tom Browder at Nov 8, 2007 at 7:37 pm