I need to upgrade a server running an old Fedora version. The new OS
will be CentOS 5 64bit.

I want to put /var/lib/cyrus and /var/spool/cyrus (all the variable
files for the Cyrus IMAP server) on the same partition like /home - this
way, all the "user-related stuff", home pages and email, stays on one
partition.

The problem is SELinux. On Fedora, I had to customize the SELinux
attributes so that SELinux would grant the Cyrus processes access to the
Cyrus stuff in /home
But, after doing a relabel of the whole disk, the custom attributes were
wiped out.
I want to avoid that on CentOS 5.

So, I need to tell SELinux "hey, this stuff under
/home/foobar/spool/cyrus is just like /var/spool/cyrus, don't relabel it
to something else". How do I achieve that?

Search Discussions

  • Jim Perrin at Jul 2, 2007 at 7:34 pm

    So, I need to tell SELinux "hey, this stuff under
    /home/foobar/spool/cyrus is just like /var/spool/cyrus, don't relabel it
    to something else". How do I achieve that?
    Re-write the policies.
    <personal opinion> keeping this stuff in /home is bad. leave it in
    /var/ where it belongs </personal opinion>

    George Orwell
  • Daniel de Kok at Jul 2, 2007 at 8:34 pm

    So, I need to tell SELinux "hey, this stuff under
    /home/foobar/spool/cyrus is just like /var/spool/cyrus, don't relabel it
    to something else". How do I achieve that?
    Add it to the local file contexts for your policy. The "semanage" tool
    provides a handy interface to do this. The manual page has some useful
    examples.

    -- Daniel

groupcentos @
categoriescentos