I am trying to mount this (my old hard drive) from my Centos 5 install
as a USB drive so I can copy files over.

I have made the change to max_luns so that I can have more than one
drive on a USB drive.

The first partition, /dev/sda1 mounts automatically as /boot_

The second partition, /dev/sda2 is the one I really want and it is an
lvm partition. When I am booted from this drive (as the installed IDE
drive, not as a usb drive) has for its /etc/fstab:

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,modeb0 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol02 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 swap swap defaults 0 0

But I do not see any /dev/Vol... when I boot from my Centos 5 drive (oh,
I have labeled the lvm partitions on that drive to start with Centos5 so
that its labels are different from my Centos 4 drive lablels).

What mount command do I use?

Search Discussions

  • Luciano Rocha at Jun 18, 2007 at 1:05 pm

[...]

    vgscan ; vgchange -ay VolGroup00

    If the volume group happens to be the same as the one you're using on
    your new system, then that will probably fail, and I suggest renaming
    your current volume group using a rescue cd (don't forget to recreate
    the initrd, as it has the vg hardcoded).

    --
    lfr
    0/0