Hi..... I just bought a External HD with USB/FireWire interfaces. I was
trying to connect it by firewire and nothing happened, but it's
connected by USB, there is no problem. This is the "fdisk - l" output
when i connect it by USB

Disco /dev/sdc: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
255 cabezas, 63 sectores/pista, 19457 cilindros
Unidades = cilindros de 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

With firewire, there is just nothing for the external HD
The firewire port it's integrated to my motherboard as an ATX form
card. The USB port where i connect the HD is in the same card

Hope u can help me. Thanks a lot

--
________________________
Dago Pacheco

Search Discussions

  • Matt Martz at Jun 4, 2007 at 2:37 pm

    Hi..... I just bought a External HD with USB/FireWire interfaces. I was
    trying to connect it by firewire and nothing happened, but it's
    connected by USB, there is no problem. This is the "fdisk - l" output
    when i connect it by USB

    Disco /dev/sdc: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
    255 cabezas, 63 sectores/pista, 19457 cilindros
    Unidades = cilindros de 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

    With firewire, there is just nothing for the external HD
    The firewire port it's integrated to my motherboard as an ATX form
    card. The USB port where i connect the HD is in the same card

    Hope u can help me. Thanks a lot
    You can always start the following command as root:

    tail -f /var/log/messages

    ...and then plug the drive in. You should see messages relating to the
    connection of the device and so on.

    --
    Matt Martz
    CentOS Mirror Admin

    Dago Pacheco wrote:
    Hi..... I just bought a External HD with USB/FireWire interfaces. I was
    trying to connect it by firewire and nothing happened, but it's
    connected by USB, there is no problem. This is the "fdisk - l" output
    when i connect it by USB

    Disco /dev/sdc: 160.0 GB, 160041885696 bytes
    255 cabezas, 63 sectores/pista, 19457 cilindros
    Unidades = cilindros de 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes

    With firewire, there is just nothing for the external HD
    The firewire port it's integrated to my motherboard as an ATX form
    card. The USB port where i connect the HD is in the same card
    Like the 'upstream' version, the stock centos kernel does not include
    firewire support. If you are running centos 4.x, you can install the
    centosplus kernel: http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/CentOSPlus.
    A similar version for centos5 is still in the testing repository:
    http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/i386/RPMS/ or
    http://dev.centos.org/centos/5/testing/x86_64/RPMS/

    --
    Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell@gmail.com

    Les Mikesell wrote:
    Dago Pacheco wrote:
[...]

    I pudeted the kernel wit centos plus repo, but still nothing happened.
    This is what i did

    -I modified the repo file, as it said in the link above.
    -Then I type "yum --enablerepo=centosplus upgrade kernell*"
    -And then I even type "yum --enablerepo=centosplus install kernell*"

    --
    ________________________
    Dago Pacheco

    I pudeted the kernel wit centos plus repo, but still nothing happened.
    This is what i did

    -I modified the repo file, as it said in the link above.
    -Then I type "yum --enablerepo=centosplus upgrade kernell*"
    -And then I even type "yum --enablerepo=centosplus install kernell*"
    You have two el's, kernell. It's kernel.

    Akemi

groupcentos @
categoriescentos
postedJun 4, '07 at 2:32p